VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Kudos To The Va - The System Does Work

Rate this topic

gouch

It's great that it went that way for you, the only reason though is because of the new process that they are doing now when you retire they are automatically rating your disability so you don't have to go through years of hell with VA. But trust me when I say that they can be your worst enemy at times, it takes some years of experience to know this though. It really hardly ever happens for veterans that way; again congrats!

I wish they had that when my husband was medically retired. We submitted his claim as soon as we got notice they where going to retire him. We got the notice the begining of the month and he was out as of the last day of the month. Then it took them a year to make their first decission, they sent it to the "Tiger Team"...I don't know if that is good or bad. They make it sound good, but usually in VA Talk that means bad. So we are still appealling his original rating. They totally ignored one of the main conditions he was being retired for. Hopefully I will be able to get him to call the VA today when he gets home from school. If I remember correctly, he didn't even get his C&P exam until 10 months after he retired.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to imply the C&P exam process was a cakewalk, nor diminish the efforts of anyone struggling with with the system to receive their entitlements. I have read the horror stories many people here are going through in dealing with the VA and it makes me cringe. I am however, impressed with the level of support provided in this forum. It re-inforces the "we're in this together" mentality we have as service-members.

Thanks Michelle, Pete & JStacy for your replies

Don't apologize!! We love hearing success stories. I don't know where your C&P was done at. I have heard horror stories about some regions and not so bad ones from other regions.