• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    biorob

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Hi Berta - it took less than 370 days, they back dated because I had a bad C & P - long story but I was on them like a Chihuahua with a bone! ( Texas girl must have analogies)                                  Yes, " Concurrent " pay soon- I spoke to someone to verify on the phone and it is automatic. Thank you so much for the praise - No treats, I have been comfortably financially for years. I worked 43 years until I started having some pretty bad issues, blessed to have a good VA therapist!  Yes Criminology with a minor in Social Science. 68 or so days to graduation.   I did book a cruise for next year to St Thomas - 7 days before I got the news so Life Balance!   Blessed  Grateful  Thankful for the encouragement you guys gave me too. I made a few mistakes but the pride in working my own claim and helping myself is satisfying. Will pay it forward.      Excellent and I agree - that is when I got mad when I knew that the TVC in my case gave me bad info.  Even with the seriousness of my claim, It was hard for me to find an attorney-  Mr Attig turned me down, but I knew, the case was viable based on the criteria.    /     I called DFAS about the" Concurrent" pay -  verification, so I am assured it was submitted and verified.  Never give up!  
    • That would be great if it does come by then. If I were you I would start checking my direct deposit account soon. This concerns me:  "A review of your VA file notes you have been assigned a 100% eval for ptsd based on your exam dated [date]." Why the exam date and not date of claim? You will know more when the award comes but it might not be much retro....and retro is always good if some of it is squared away for a potential IMO/IME, like for an eventual  P & T designation. Great news anyhow! I probably asked you before but do you get SSDI and is it solely for the PTSD and/or SC disabilities? Also, if you were unemployed when they gave their last award, did VA know that and if so, did they consider you for TDIU at that time?
    • This may not be on this subject but just thought I'd toss it out there for the vets that don't know? As for as ANY dealings with the VA  On anything  its always best to get your self  a date stamped from the VA Employee's TO SHOW YOU WERE THERE YOU TRIED TO GET WHAT EVER No matter what the cause make sure you get proof for yourself that you were there no matter what the cause. It could very well come in handy for you down the long road of VA Appeals. if you work your claim yourself   its good to have your VSO date stamp your documents you send the VA Before you send them in.  or another example Even if you had an appointment to go see your C-FILE at your R.O. and they can't seem to find it and ask you to just come back next week  or what ever excuse they give you...be sure and get them to get you a form and have them to date stamp that form to show you reported for your Appointment on that date and they could not locate your C-FILE..These little things could sure prove to be worth your time a trouble later on. jmo ....................Buck
    • Just to post an update, I submitted my claim in May and was awarded 30% for IBS-D with an effective date of June 2015, which was the date i submitted my intent to file.    My total is now 60% service connected.
    • I believe your correct Ms Berta   after NOD one year time limit runs out  the claim is closed out  and only if the veteran him/her self can show'' good cause'' will the VA take note and its up to their digression to continue with the claim. (usually a medical emergency is ''good cause''

Papa

C&p Do's And Don'ts

8 posts in this topic

Whomever is going to a C&P Exam needs I repeat needs to read the article on C&P Do's and Dont's. I did and I believe that along with other great advice really helped me through this examination.

Papa

Whomever is going to a C&P Exam needs I repeat needs to read the article on C&P Do's and Dont's. I did and I believe that along with other great advice really helped me through this examination.

Papa

Where is this article located?

Never mind, found it on the main page.

Papa,

thanks for mentioning. I have made a note and link in the pinned topic, this forum, so others can access as additional info on C&Ps.

fanaticbooks

Can't find the link for the Do's & Do Not's

Once you have signed on to hadit, left hand column under compensation, it will be the very first item.

Papa

Can't find the link for the Do's & Do Not's