VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Guy Playing The Waiting Game After Submitting His Claim.

Rate this question

GolfNut

Question

Spent about thirty minutes searching and couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. I followed the advice of my DAV and mailed out the fast start form, copy of my medical records and copy of marriage certificate on 9/20 for my claims which were all physical . It appears I am waiting on the C and P appointment? Anyone know how long they're taking and how they contact you (mail or phone)? Also can anyone link any threads of what I can expect for the C and P appointments; again, I've tried searching yet can't seem to find anything. Thanks

Thanks you! Anyone know how long they're taking now to set up the C & P and if they call or mail you out something?

Welcome aboard GolfNut and thank you for your service. If your claim is filed with the DAV, a leter in the mail you will receive advising you of your scheduled C&P. Be patient is arrives faster then you think. The letter comes from the DAV

Thanks you! Anyone know how long they're taking now to set up the C & P and if they call or mail you out something?

C&P's are quick. It is the decision afterward that takes a couple to a few months to find a decision on. Usually after a claim is out a C&P can take up to a month to find out about. Good Luck.

Welcome aboard GolfNut and thank you for your service. If your claim is filed with the DAV, a leter in the mail you will receive advising you of your scheduled C&P. Be patient is arrives faster then you think. The letter comes from the DAV

Irregardless of which service organization you use to file your claim,

you are supposed to receive notification of your C&P examination from the DVA.