VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chloracne Or Rosacea- File A Claim Or It Is Too Late?

Rate this question

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

Let me start by saying:

I went to my Neurology appointment yesterday and had great news. i do not have Parkinson's Disease, but I do have essential tremors.

The Doc was great and increased my Primidone dose. He even gave me his number and extension to call him as to how I am doing. If I am not getting better, then I can just call him and he will increase the meds again.

While I was there he inquired about my face and asked me about what type of treatment the docs were giving me. I asked him "what treatment, no one has ever mentioned this to me". I had on a ball cap and he still could see my bright red blotchy face.

I have had this for a long time now. In fact, I had some while in Nam, but never thought anything about it and never sought treatment.

It has gotten very bad over the last several several years. At times I look like Rudolph, the red-nose reindeer.

He said that it was either Rosacea or Chloracne.

What should I do, since it has been so long since I was in Nam?

I am thinking about going to my local PCP ( outside doc) and get it checked out. This would be easier than going the 2 hour drive.

Help- I am not too sure what to do. Do I just go and get treatment and ignore the claim altogether?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I would first find at what it is and what it is attributed to. Then find out if it is a compensation condition. I have had some spots on my face removed by the VA but like you have not filed.

I would first find at what it is and what it is attributed to. Then find out if it is a compensation condition. I have had some spots on my face removed by the VA but like you have not filed.

I plan to do just that. I want the condition to get treated whether or not it is AO related or not. I have enough conditions that I will be filing with regards to AO exposure, I do not want to file any ones that I do not need to. I have to wait until I see my cardiologist and then pulmonologist before I can get the new diagnostic codes. That will then keep me busy. I am trying to wait until after the first to see if I find out anything on my claims. I do not want to add them right now, for I am afraid it will slow the pending claims down.

Thanks

Rockman, you need to contact James Cripps. He is the chloracne guru.

You should shoot him a message.

J

Thanks and I just got thru sending him a message. I do not want to file claims if they are unnecessary, but do want to file if they can be service connected.

Rockman

NEVER TOO LATE!!!

Thanks. I thought it had to be within 1 year of exposure. I will go and see if that is the diagnosis and them that will tell me what to do. Is the butterfly look indicative of Chloracne or Rosacea? Are they still in the same family or does it need to be Chloracne?

Rockman