VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav, Good Or Bad?

Rate this question

abean

Question

Don't know much about the organization. All I know is that they seem to know more about my husbands claim than me, hubby, and VA. We really don't know how they got our info. Are they legit? Is it an edge to use them?

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a rare thing you do Rak. Even the VARO rarely digs deep into the C File much less a 201 File from service. My experience is the main thing that the VARO was interested in was any denials and that would become boiler plate

Well listen guys, if this isn't happening with DAV at the national service office in your area you need to speak w/ the Supervisors. We hold our staff at all levels to a high standard and if that is not being met we need to know. You also have to keep in mind, that we are as only effective as the relationship and receptivity we have with our clientele.

I agree, Rakk, thanks for taking that time and doing that for your Vets. Just wish you were in my area!

I agree!

Well listen guys, if this isn't happening with DAV at the national service office in your area you need to speak w/ the Supervisors. We hold our staff at all levels to a high standard and if that is not being met we need to know. You also have to keep in mind, that we are as only effective as the relationship and receptivity we have with our clientele.

I have a question for rakkwarrior. Is there a hidden secret how the VA determines whose file they pull next off the cart. Or is each file have a time stamp on it that determines when it will be looked at. I am just trying to clear the myth how the process works-thanks

VA Adjudication personnel have a "Work in Progress" list which prioritizes the cases they work based on the type of claim and the Regional Office's priorities, these priorities are established by VA management. In general, however the oldest cases are worked first.

One example is that when the heart disease, Parkinson's ect. Were added to the AO regulations the Nehmer Court decision more or less enforced upon VA to stop processing most cases and focus entirely on those claims. This in general is why decisions for other claims are taking longer to adjudicate.