VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Rating For Cervical Spine

Rate this question

Charleese

Question

Hi all,

My husband's BVA decision states residuals of a herniated cervical disc and discectomy are the result of service connected residuals of a left tibia fracture. It also states under ORDER that Entitlement to service connection for residuals of a cervical disc herniation and discectomy as secondary to srvice-connected residuals of a left tibia fracture is granted. They sent it back to RO to be rated.

? What %age do you think RO will give him for this.

My husband current rating is 60% and he has applied for TDIU and was denied by RO.

However, BVA states in their decision: "With respect to the Veteran's claim for TDIU,, the claim is inextricably intertwined with the grant of service connection for a cervical spine disability discussed above. After implkementing the Board's grant of service connection, the RO should readjudicate the claim for TDIU. The Board notes that the Veteran's residuals of a left tibia fracture, left knee recurrent subluxation, and left knee tender scar are disabilities of a common etiology, and therefore meet the schedular criteria for a grant of TDIU under 38 C.F.R. Section 4.16(a)."

? Do you think RO will now grant him TDIU PT. 3 doctors have given IMO's stating that he is unemployable because of these injuries.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Had my C&P done yesterday for my physical stuff. The doctor agreed with everything I had claimed and even said that he could see that things were pretty messed up for me. He had some x-rays done on my spine. It turns out along with the herniated disc I also have some arthritis on my lower spine. So I do not know how all this will work out. I got my mental health c&p exam done and my GAF score was 50. My PTSD was said to be more likely than not caused by my service in Iraq. I am currently 20% and I have suffered through five long years of crap so it will be nice to have some breething room.

Stu, you may be looking at secondary conditions from an abnormal gait.

In order to prove this, one would need to put it together to make it feasable. First, one should gather all medical information. go seek an IMO and have the Doc to review the entire history, Xrays, Etc.

The Doc can write an opiion and a nexus to your secondaries and put them into a medical prespective.

There is one Doc who is really good at this that I am aware of.

Dr Craig Bash. He is a Neuro Radiologist and he can put it together for you. The only negative I have seen is that he is a little pricey, but I have witnessed his work for 12 years and he is effective at all VA levels.

J