VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success At Last

Rate this topic

mssoup1

Well!!!!!!!!!! We finally made it after all this time. Got the brown envelope in the mail today. All remands from the BVA were approved. He was given IU back to 2001 and according to what was written under the Eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance it stated "Basic eligibility for Dependents Education Assistance is granted because the evidence shows that from June 29, 2001 you have a total service-connected disability that is permanent in nature." I take this to mean he is IU/P & T.

I am so happy because we can now sit back and rest. It has been a lot of work and patience to get here. Thank you all so much for all of the help you have given me in fighting for my husband.

I won't forget Tbird when we get some money in the mail.

Again, thank you all so much for your patience with me and all the help you have given.

mssoup1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy- I feel the relief in your words- this is GREAT!

The award letter probably doesn't mention CHAMPVA and I recall the VA sent me a separate little note on that-

but I had to apply directly with CHAMPVA-

If you have some med bills- CHAMPVA- I think is retroactive too-

This is great MSSOUP- I know it was lots of work and patience as you said but you both can Relax now for a change. Berta

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Just to know that I am now not going to have to file another appeal has taken a great burden off of me. As everyone knows, filing an appeal requires a lot of work and then you have to sit back and wait again. I just hope that everyone elses claim on this board gets approved and can then jump for joy also.

Berta,

You mentioned ChampVA. The letter did state at the beginnning that I was probably eligible for ChampVA benefits. It explained what I needed to do to file. Stupid of me, but I never thought we would win the IU/P& T so I don't think I spent as much time reading up on things like ChampVA. You mentioned the fact that I could probably get back pay on out of pocket money I had spent on past bills, at least back to 2001. Thanks for adding this bit of information. I don't think I would have thought about this.

Even after you win your appeal, you still find that you need the help of those on this board. And they are always there to give you that lending hand.

If anyone else has any information concerning IU/P & T, then I would appreciate any help you could give.

Again, thanks to everyone for all of the information and help you have given me over time.

mssoup1

Guest terrysturgis

mssoup1, I just won my TDIU P&T. I called the 800 number and asked for the letter from the VA that serves as notice of 100% TDIU P&T. You have the decision that says you have won but to get benifits like an Military ID card and License plates the letter serves as your proof.

Also there is a wavier of premiums for $10,000 worth of VA life insurance. Check out your state benifits as all states vary. Michigan sorta sucks compared to other states. I have been advised that I need to check into a review of my income tax returns for the last two years. Not sure why. Once again, Congrrats! Terry Sturgis