VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cancel Disability Compensation

Rate this question

Signal6

Question

is it possible to cancel my disability compensation for certain conditions? And if so, would it be possible to request it again later in life? I know this will generate a lot of question as to why I would want to do this, etc, and I appreciate everyones concerns, but there is a personal reason why I am considering this and do not want to disclose it.

Thanks

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the all the replies, I think will not do it. It had to do with my pilot license, but I have to report it either way, if I get the payment or not, so cancelling the payment is not an option. Oh well, it was just a thought I had.

• HadIt.com Elder

Take the compensation because the day you can't work you will be really grateful you have that money coming every month. It is all that keeps most of us afloat.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the all the replies, I think will not do it. It had to do with my pilot license, but I have to report it either way, if I get the payment or not, so cancelling the payment is not an option. Oh well, it was just a thought I had.

And, if it makes you feel any better let me assure you that they will not "pull" your license unless you are obviously incapable of being pilot-in-command (in which case, I'd think a responsible person (and most pilots ARE responsible people) would be already in the process of giving up their license).

I've got more cards in my wallet than I can keep track of, and that old Beech I've got out in the barn gets used with regularity and I hope I'll still be doing the same ten years from now. I plan on celebrating my 65th (on Friday) trying out my new Garmin GPS system. It's nice when you finally get kids with "disposable income" :biggrin: !

• HadIt.com Elder

It's nice when you finally get kids with "disposable income" :biggrin: !

Do tell........I have never heard of that. Kids with "disposable income" Whats the catch? :wacko:

• HadIt.com Elder

Do tell........I have never heard of that. Kids with "disposable income" Whats the catch? :wacko:

Welllll, first of all you must, of course, make sure that they have had the very best of private schooling, then you must, of course, make sure that their college(s) rank up there with, for example, Yale or, at the very least, SMU or Rice. Then, of course, you must make certain that their automobile(s) are of the very latest chic (Mercedes, at least) and that their clothes are purchased at Niemans or, at the very least, The GAP. And, of course, the POST-Graduate degrees must have, at least, summer sessions in Europe.

Then, if you are very lucky, they will, along about the age of THIRTY, become "employed", at which time you MAY be able to, at least, talk them into paying for their OWN car insurance, etc.

And, then, if you are still having a run of good luck, they'll buy you a birthday present (with their "disposable income"). And, all the while, they will keep reminding YOU that THEY have "advanced degrees" (which, of course, YOU don't HAVE, thereby making YOU "less educated and more ill-informed" than they are.).

Little SHITS! "Bout DAMN time they PAID UP"!:rolleyes:

But, WTF do I KNOW? I went to a State-supported "college", on "scholarship"! DUHHHH?