VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had My C&p Exams Now I Am Lost...

Rate this question

labguy

Question

I have filed a claim with a VSO for some primary and secondary issues in the spring. In September I had 3 C&P exams --hearing, ptsd and my ankle but that did not cover all the claims that I filed for such as GI (stomach) issues. After my 3 c and p exams were completed I never had anymore scheduled. I have not been seen for my stomach issues or my back at this point. I have called the 1 800 number to check the status of my claim and I was told that it has been at the rating board since mid October. This confuses the heck out of me for two main reasons ... 1. I was told that after the c and p exams that it only should take like 30 days or so to hear something and 2. How can my claim be in front of a rating board at this point if there are conditions that I have filed for that I have not had a c and p exam for ?? This whole process is super confusing and is driving me almost to the point of having a break down because no one seems to have a clue about what is going on and no idea what is taking so long or what to expect

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Do you receive care at the VA for those other issues? What were the C&P exams for? You can send an Iris inquiry if you have not already done so, and ask those questions specifically. Hang in there I know its tough to wait, we have all done it. Do you have copies of the C&P's that were done; that would give you something to do while you wait. Good luck.

/doc

Labguy.......have you went to your Release of Information office and requested a copy of the C&P exams? You may or may not be able to get the C&P results for PTSD exam!

Waiting times for the VA to process claims are extremely long, in most cases. For those other issues that you are claiming, once the rater see that you are claiming xxxx, and see that no C&P was performed, they will schedule the C&P for you. This has happened to me a few times in the past year!

Best of Luck!

B6

EDIT: Spelling~

Edited by Bravo6

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know where or who told you that you would have some type of notification from the VARO within 30 days after your C&P exams, I have been dealing with the VA since 1997 and I have never been notified of anything before a minimum of 90 days after a C&P exam I have received 3 awards 2 from the VARO and one from the BVA in my experience in 2005 I had a C&P exam in Jan 2005 and got the award letter in April and the deposit was received 2 days after the letter, in 2006I had a C&P exam in Feb and got the deposit in May 2 days before I got the award letter then in 2009 I had the BVA hearing on 4 Feb got the decision letter dated 7 April and got the award letter from the VARO dated 4 June and the deposit was 3 days later so as you can see in my case I never was notified in less than 30 days and my lawyer said the award letter and deposit was fast for a BVA decided case they expected it to be September or later before I got the award letter and the back pay so they feel in that case I was treated quickly the VA does not have time limits they HAVE to live by only we veterans are bound by time limits

patience is required in dealing with the VA I wish I could tell you something different but if I did I would be lying to you and that I don't do no matter how ugly the truth is