VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Affairs Compensated Work Therapy

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Why does anyone know about it, info I have found so far is scarce>>>>>>>>>>>>I havae a appt with my voc rehab counselor on friday. I got my official voc rehab not feasible for rehab or to work last week...........so far the only value is it looks pretty much like official va form letter that belongs on the outhouse nail or in the round file..................seriously anyone know anything about the work therapy program?

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don

I am 56 and have 5 other VA disabilities besides mental stuff. I won't be bootstraping myself anywhere. I have a workers compensation file a mile long. Who would take someone like me? That is laughable. I retired on disability from the post office and I was making 50 grand a year. This was because I could not work not because I wanted a free ride. You VSO types are really part of the problem with your weird ideas about bootstraping. You sound like the VA. No one here that is tdiu or 100% is going to be going back to work anytime soon. Good God Man, do you think any of us wanted to be disabled? I was doing just fine and now I have had two unsucessful surgeries and a third coming up. Bootstraping, are you crazy? Now I know that the VSO's and the VA have the same mindset and we disabled vets will surely get screwed. Ask the other 100% vets here about bootstraping???

Guest DON20906

One thing I believe in is individual differences. One person's catastrophe is another's challenge to be overcome. Psychologists call it compensation. Fred's a good example of the latter.

I have my own demons to deal with. They'd have me living under a highway bridge but I choose not to let them win. Mind over matter.

Don

I am 56 and have 5 other VA disabilities besides mental stuff. I won't be bootstraping myself anywhere. I have a workers compensation file a mile long. Who would take someone like me? That is laughable. I retired on disability from the post office and I was making 50 grand a year. This was because I could not work not because I wanted a free ride. You VSO types are really part of the problem with your weird ideas about bootstraping. You sound like the VA. No one here that is tdiu or 100% is going to be going back to work anytime soon. Good God Man, do you think any of us wanted to be disabled? I was doing just fine and now I have had two unsucessful surgeries and a third coming up. Bootstraping, are you crazy? Now I know that the VSO's and the VA have the same mindset and we disabled vets will surely get screwed. Ask the other 100% vets here about bootstraping???

• HadIt.com Elder

You are a Real Man Don. I am just a standard issue human being. I wish I was a He-Man like you. I lived in a flop house after I got back from the service. I met many mentally disabled veterans. I escaped that fate through no help from the VA. Some of the people I met while on skid row were friends of mine who could not escape the damage done to them. They could not control their rage or drug habits they got in RVN. They are all probably dead now. Maybe they are buried in veterans graveyards.

Guest DON20906

I'm also standard issue, not a he-man. I just prefer to attribute human beings, as individuals, the free will to change their directions in life when the chips are down. That's why I like stories like Fred Frese's. Maybe I'm naive. I saw what was down the road for me on my past course and just decided I didn't want to go there. Jails, institutions and death, if you get that code.

You are a Real Man Don. I am just a standard issue human being. I wish I was a He-Man like you. I lived in a flop house after I got back from the service. I met many mentally disabled veterans. I escaped that fate through no help from the VA. Some of the people I met while on skid row were friends of mine who could not escape the damage done to them. They could not control their rage or drug habits they got in RVN. They are all probably dead now. Maybe they are buried in veterans graveyards.

• HadIt.com Elder

Don

Now you work for an institution that being one of the Veteran Service Organizations. I worked for an institution, the Post Office. We had plenty of criminals and nut cases but they were running the joint.

I am one of those 100% vets and while the thought of being usefull to society is like nervona. I am realistic about my ability to do that. Don it states that in your bio on the left of your post that you are 10% if that is incorrect then disregard this but, there is more than just 80 numbers beyween 10 and 100%. For myself being 60% physco and 50% parkinsons and 100% TDIU at the age of 37 I would love to be able to pull the bootstraps on ( hell I would love to be able to make love to my wife ) but some things are not meant to be. Being told that i could no longer works was a very bitter pill but one that must be swallowed. After several years I manage to keep that pill down the last thing I personally need is someone telling me wouldnt it be nice to work again. It would be nice to make a time machine and go back to where it all began do it all over again but alas while more likely that wont happen either.

Just my opinion take it for what its worth. I am glad I have the ability to make it one day at a time. I get the code,

Chris