This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• BVA Hearing
      In August 2004 I filed my claim and was rated at 60 percent. With the help of hadit I filed my appeals form 9 NOD. Along the way I went to 70 percent then 80 then 90 finally IU with P+T. I have 3 claims that went to the board of appeal been on the hamster wheel and I will fill get a hearing June 17th by Video. The 3 claims are a increase in my shoulder due to degenerative disk Sinus both rated 10 percent. Last claim was a denial for headache. C+P dude said it was not migraines PCP said it was migraines (in the last 4 months.) I filed under gulf war illness. I keep you in formed. I cannot believe it took almost 12 years to get a hearing wish me luck. PS can someone who knows how to do this change my rating on the side to IU Jim   
    • Should I file a claim now or wait?
      When i was denied my claim for my hip I just said the heck with the NOD and the wait time it would take to get an appeal. I just reopened that claim with more evidence instead!! I figured it was a better option the the NOD highway.  If approved then I'll shoot for an EED back to the first time i filed and was denied.  Just seems easier that way than the other. JMHO!!!
    • Should I file a claim now or wait?
      I don't know what others would do but I would go om lime to ebenifts start my claim. That gives you one year to finish it and keep your effective date. The problem with waiting on the board is it can be 5 years or more. I have a claim finally going to a hearing on June 17th. This claim dates back to Aug 04. Been on the hamster wheel remand back to RO now back to board 
    • My husband died in motorcycle accident
      Ms berta I was thinking  this veteran had  filed for an increase before his death, and he himself disagreed with VA decision to rate him at 10%. My point would be , if he was rated at 100%  then his behavior symptoms  could indeed be worse, and therefore increasing chances of His behavior being worsen & caused by or/aggravated by the PTSD, I Think that's a point the Attorneys need to raise a stink about. However that maybe putting the cart before the horse! The good points about his careless/wreck less riding  popping wheelies and riding his motorcycle in a careless way seconds before the Accident  is > that he was not Drinking or on Drugs  that's a good point to bring up. Actually this all stems from his S.C. PTSD & the Aggravated symptoms of behavior. Depends on Autopsy reports and toxicology reports as to what this grave outcome will be. What if he started to have a SEIZURE seconds before his Untimely  Accident?   Anxiety  and many symptoms of PTSD can be noted that it was a probability. Autopsy reports should reveal that. This is all I can  basically see for her defense. Could she go on an process his Claim for Increase  or would that be useless? The only thing I can see that will hurt this case  is his reckless driving and popping wheelies and riding his Motorcycle in an unsafe manner right before the Accident and Witnesses to testify in the Accident Report....but then again He had a diagnoses of PTSD. jmo .................Buck
    • Just got my C&P letter, what to expect?
      No never did get it yet, ill get it in time for my appeals for what ever I'm denied for. As far as my anxiety/ptsd, I can't get any doctor to fill out the dbq's. So will they just deny me, or will he ask me about it. there was a service incident that caused my anxiety, I was just trying to be mr tough guy, and didn't go get seen. 
    • PTSD Denied NSC - Schizophrenia NSC
      ZERO Rating Decision received!   "The previous denial of service connection for PTSD is confirmed and continued.  The evidence does not show a current diagnosed disability".   "The previous denial of service connection for schizophrenia, residual type, competent is confirmed and continued.  The evidence does not show an event, disease or injury in service.  Your service treatment records do not contain complaints, treatment, or diagnosis for this condition.  The evidence does not support a change in our prior decision.  Therefore we are confirming the previous denial of this claim. Doesn't being WIA with purple heart from grenade booby trap show an event and injury in service?   Furthermore, they made no mention of Agent Orange disabilities claimed (hypertension, ischemic heart disease, etc) even after I responded to 8 of their questions on this disability.    They did concede 50% schizophrenia NSC as well as INCOMPETENT requiring my brother to engage me as Fiduciary.  Also gave him 40% combined for osteoarthritis and muscle strain SC for his wounds in arm, heel, and knee.   At least he'll get this money.   But I am utterly flabbergasted and discouraged that they would deny him the major PTSD and Schizophrenia claims.   Guess I'll be taking to higher authority now --- Berta, Bronco, anyone ?
    • Fiduciary Adjustment
      https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160520/outrage-of-the-week-illinois-sen-dick-durbin-blocks-efforts-to-restore-rights-to-veterans
    • DONT USE VSO
      There are some Great VSO's out there that will do any thing they possibly can do for the veteran to help win his/her claim, and there some that just milk the system.  A veteran needs to wise up and learn the system himself and work his own claim if he don't get a good VSO & not help or be of any help ...when that happens its time to Fire the VSO. Choose another if he wishes  but the important part here is learn how the system works  & educate himself to the VA.  In cases of some vets they have to rely on a VSO for help   if they don't have a computer or know how to use one or live in a remote area. if its going to be by snail mail  then the VA should send the veteran all the information he needs and have the vet to send in a FOIA and then let the VA Request all the records and medical they need to adjuicate the claim. beings they do send out a NOD form  in case the vet is denied, with the information as what to do with the NOD. Veterans need to keep ALL copies VA sends them no matter what. Until the veteran is denied andfiles an appeal and don't know diddly about the VA system  then its time to DROP THE VSO and find a good experienced VA  Attorney.   I wonder what would happen if a veteran wrote the VA   letter and stating'' please help adjuicate my claim, I do understand the VA has an Obligations to ASSIST THE VETERAN in the claims process  my VSO does nothing to help and I am lost as what &how to persure my compensation claim
    • Hypertension(high Blood Pressure)
      I just received my rating...hypertension rated 0%.  I have BP which hoovers around 140/98...so no 100 or more Diastolic.  I am taking medication now due to doctor's recommendation which brought it down to 130/80s.  To receive higher rating, does the readings have to be 100+ WITH medication?  I am thinking with med increase as the time goes it probably will never go higher...unless I am close to heaven.  The rating was given before I started the medication.
    • Just got my C&P letter, what to expect?
      Did you ever get a copy of your service medical record? The way they do it now, its digital and pretty quick to access that info. No prep needed for a C&P exam.  Just show up.  Its good to understand the rating process, and what the C&P examiner should be doing at the exam, but not required.  I went through the DBQ forms that they have on the VA Web Site for my conditions so that I would understand what was going on and why.  You can find the DBQ's here. They want to check out what is in your claim for the most part.  They are not there to treat you as a patient.  If you have records to show them, to back up your claim for service connection, you can take them, but the examiner is not required to look, some do, some dont.  Wear something comfortable, that wont interfere with the examination, I wore some gym shorts and a T shirt. Gluck.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Infantry1985

Self Employment Track With Vocational Rehab

4 posts in this topic

I was approved for the Vocational Rehabalitation Self employment track to become a Self Employed CPA (Public Accountant), WIth the Self employement track I've chosen, I have to first study and take my CPA exam; Does this count as Home study for schooling, so I would get the home study stipend?

Also, I have to go in and sign paper tomorrow, do I have to sign a contract? WHat happens if I fail at my business?

Another Issue I have is when I was waiting on my 40% rating I did not know about the Vocational Rehab program. While not knowing about the program, I went to get my MBA due to needing it for my CPA. I did this knowing that I would have to become self employed due to my disabilities? Can the Vocational rehab retro pay me for my mba or pay some of the loans off?

Thanks for all your help!

sorry no one replied here yet- I think we are stumped. Have you asked people at Vocational Rehabalitation Self employment track these questions?

"Can the Vocational rehab retro pay me for my mba or pay some of the loans off?"

I dont think they could do that in your case-but ask someone at Voc Rehab-VA-

VA never pays off student loans - It is only for tuition and the stipend.

If a vet however becomes totally and permanently disabled for any reason, Students loan balances are almost always waived.

Has anyone had any experience with the self employment track? Any knowledge or help would be great..

What if I fail at my business? Will i have to pay the money back?

How are you an E-3 Seaman, with infrantry 1985 attatched to your name and was part of the Army?