VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can My Disability Be Counted As Income For Divorce/child Support?

Rate this question

hawkcrewchief

Question

I've done some research and read what the USC says on how no one can attach benefits to any hearing.

And I know the Supremacy Clause states that when state and federal law conflict federal law always wins. So how is it I'm being told I have to claim it as income, and it will be calculated into there crappy formula.... Please help!

WOW!!!! What a response!!! I will need to read this a few times to fully understand it. But its a shame this bill isn't in play yet.

I already have been divorced for about 5 years now back then I only had the initial 10% I got out with but then years later got all the way to 80% . I know she has caught wind of this and wants to do a child support modification. I already pay $750 a month for one child, but I guess she wants more and more... I really hope to figure something out soon, I cant even sleep knowing that she wont stop until she cleans me out...

Thanks guys you really made my day with all this support!!!!!!!:blush:

• HadIt.com Elder

My eyes have this "glazed-over" look about them.

I have dropped my Crown Royal all over my jeans (happened when my head flopped back onto the back of my chair).

Both my cat and my dog have dozed off.

It happened along about "Paragraph 42, Sub-paragaph 18, Note 4).........................

BUT, I still say that The Judge can and will consider ALL assets, all income, when deciding the welfare of the child involved, and, I daresay, his ruling will stand, where the welfare of the child is concerned.

Just as a state court can and will have your Federal Income Tax Refund sent to your child's guardian in cases where you have not paid your child support payments.

Ya see, when it comes to the children, it's time to PAY UP...............and someone that doesn't WANT to pay up is not going to get very far, where the welfare of the child is concerned.

just sayin'..............

In many states you can request an audit of CF funds, and usually there is some compelling interest required in raising a support amount as well. Good luck.

WOW!!!! What a response!!! I will need to read this a few times to fully understand it. But its a shame this bill isn't in play yet.

I already have been divorced for about 5 years now back then I only had the initial 10% I got out with but then years later got all the way to 80% . I know she has caught wind of this and wants to do a child support modification. I already pay $750 a month for one child, but I guess she wants more and more... I really hope to figure something out soon, I cant even sleep knowing that she wont stop until she cleans me out...

Thanks guys you really made my day with all this support!!!!!!!:blush:

I hope I didn't come off as I don't want to support my kid, because I love my child and spend as much time as I can with my child. I have a job and they are welcome to do what they wish with that income as they have every month for years. The problem was when they came after my disability, which was given to "me" for combat injuries I've suffered.

I know deep down inside all that money hardly reaches my kid when I see the condition of the clothes and shoes the kid has over with the mother. Is it fair? No...! But I give everything I can to my kid, but his money hungry mother coming after more money just because is unfair and not right. How much can a kindergarten kid waste a month... Really?

If it is the law that she gets it I guess I'm screwed then, but if it's not then it isn't right...

Just saying.... :-/

I see a lot of these in this and other forums that im in-you dont' come across like that at all.

I have a close friend whose husband has an ex GF from years and years ago, and a child, and she is always up in his paycheck, so I sympathize with you.

CAS

I hope I didn't come off as I don't want to support my kid, because I love my child and spend as much time as I can with my child. I have a job and they are welcome to do what they wish with that income as they have every month for years. The problem was when they came after my disability, which was given to "me" for combat injuries I've suffered.

I know deep down inside all that money hardly reaches my kid when I see the condition of the clothes and shoes the kid has over with the mother. Is it fair? No...! But I give everything I can to my kid, but his money hungry mother coming after more money just because is unfair and not right. How much can a kindergarten kid waste a month... Really?

If it is the law that she gets it I guess I'm screwed then, but if it's not then it isn't right...

Just saying.... :-/