This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• My C&P Results and why i'm disturbed
      Absolutely correct. 90 is very hard to be at. I'm at 90 even right now for my cumulative. I just completed an increase C&P exam for my Bil knees, right shoulder, and cervical spine. Hoping for 100% because my days OTJ are limited at best. But I definitely want to continue working. (My wife drives me crazy)
    • Curious
      Could be one of 2 more common reasons, 1 being that they will schedule you for a C&P in the near future, and the other being clear and substantive evidence in your SMR to grant the Cervical radiculopathy without an exam.  Won't know until you get their decision letter stating what and why. Andy
    • It's A Start
      Did you receive treatment for the first 4 while in service? Then you sure do have to appeal those  denials.
    • Question about NOD wait time after applying.
      Much thanks for your input Navy4Life and Buck52......very helpful overview.
    • It's A Start
      Hello Everyone! Went On Ebennie First Thing This Morning And The Following Is What I Found: 1. Hysterectomy - Service Connect - 0% 2. Cervical Radiculopathy - Not Service Connect  3. Left Foot - Hallux Valgus (bunion) - Service Connect - 0% 4. Right Foot - Hallux Valgus (bunion) - Service Connect - 0% 5. Pes Planus - Service Connect - 30% I Hear NODs Calling My Name! Thank You To All For Your Candid Advices, I Will Keep Everyone Updated As Time Allows. I Also Will Send Some Funds When All Said And Done! ❤️    Hoooraaaaaaaa!!! REACH ONE TO TEACH ONE
    • Increase of MRSA from 0%-? unknown, having c&p exam on tuesday
      MRSA, as a disease process, is always going to be rated at 0% unless you're in the hospital with it and suffering chronic effects. I contracted it in 2009 during my one year staycation at the Seattle VAMC from a contaminated PICC line. After treatment with antibiotics the acute infection resolved. I test positive on any blood tests for it but it is in remission. The body does eventually build an immunity to it of sorts such that you become a carrier for it and can infect others but you, yourself are relatively immune to it unless your immune system becomes compromised. A disease like MRSA is much like Hepatitis B. You become ill and eventually recover and acquire immunity.When that occurs, symptoms abate and there is no outward appearance of the original illness. VA has to rate you at 0% as there is no compensable rating absent any disease symptoms. Merely being turned down for work in the medical sector because you are a "Typhoid Mary" carrier of sorts is not compensable. You have to suffer permanent effects such that it impairs your ability to physically work. 
    • Increase of MRSA from 0%-? unknown, having c&p exam on tuesday
      Is the "0" % a NSC rating, or a "0"  SC rating? "Do they go back to the date of the original claim?" Do you mean you claimed this in the past and they denied, and then you re-opened? Or is this on appeal from the original claim? Is it documented in your SMRS and Discharge Certificate?
    • Finally got my 100% for Malignant melanoma
      How did you get something for malignant melanoma? I submitted that in a DBQ just thinking it may become presumptive or secondary to something I already have.  
    • Is this a cue?
      Can you scan and attach here the decision that you filed the appeal on? And the date of that decision?   (cover your C file # prior to scanning it) The problem with cancelling an appeal then succeeding on a subsequent claim for the same thing is that they usually always give the re-open date as the EED.
    • Hypertension(high Blood Pressure)
      How long did you have HBP, before it was DX'd, treated and brought under control? Your answer doesn't really matter. It's safe to say, it didn't just appear overnight. In most cases, if not all, HBP is working it's Dastardly Magic on your body for a significant period of time, before symptoms present and are DX'd. If you were getting yearly check-ups, at least a 12 month window, right. Just because you have controlled HBP,  without a DX of CAD or other Circulatory Disease, filing a Secondary Claim will get Denied.  Ask your VA PCP to refer you to the Cardiology Dept. If you were to get a Nuclear Stress Test or a Heart Echo that turned up a problem, a Heart Cath would be the defining test for CAD. Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

VetsLady

Agent Orange Question

7 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I'm helping a family member who has already been service connected for Prostate Cancer as related to Agent Orange Exposure.

He has recently had issues with thyroid disease (Hashimoto's - aka: hypothyroid disease) and now wonder if it could have something to do with the AO exposure.

I haven't been able to find anything except for Thyroid cancer.

Any tips on which road to go down ? He is 70% sc for the prostate plus depression as it relates to the loss and ED.

Thank You,

VetsLady

Edited by VetsLady

The leading cause of Hashimotos is Epstein Barr. I believe it is a Virus.

I will do some digging.

J

This vet is SCed fr Hasimotos at 10%:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files1/1009162.txt

Is there anything in your family member's SMRs that could establish a nexus for this?

Do hisa SMRs reveal treatment for any bacterial infection during service?

The leading cause of Hashimotos is Epstein Barr. I believe it is a Virus.

I will do some digging.

J

Thank you John, I couldn't really find anything.

Maybe he should re-open his Prostate claim and add the thyroid but with all the new claims of Veterans being filed,

it might be a smarter tactic to find out first if it's possibly related.

Do hisa SMRs reveal treatment for any bacterial infection during service?

Berta,

I'm not sure. I will ask him. Thank you for the BVA post.

VetsLady

Vetslady,

My husband has Grave's Disease that we believe is because of AO but we have not filed anything on it yet.

Here is an article that provided information for us and the site may have info that you can use.

http://www.endocrinetoday.com/view.aspx?rid=68470

Good luck.

Jachay

I was looking to see how my thyroid disease is connected to all my other ailments and ran across this citation --maybe it mite help someone

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp07/files1/0704128.txt

STEVE & PAT