VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Chatline - To Help Va Claimants

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2033

Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

VA Adds Chat Feature to Online Application for Health Benefits

January 18, 2011

VA Adds Chat Feature to Online Application for Health Benefits

WASHINGTON

• 4 years later...

Dear Carlie,

My husband is a WWII Navy Veteran and he needs two hearing aids. I just got unemployed and we cannot afford to buy these hearing aids.

Do you know how we can get these hearing aids?

Please help. He's needed these fifteen years ago.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Tbird
�R�e�m�o�v�e�d� �P�e�r�s�o�n�a�l� �I�d�e�n�t�i�f�i�c�a�t�i�o�n� �I�n�f�o�r�m�a�t�i�o�n

• 1 month later...

First of all we just got my husbands hearing aid. You need to make sure he is enrolled in the health care program. I took my husband to the VA Hospital, filled out the forms and in about 2 weeks he got his card. Once that is done, he needs to be seen in the primary care clinic. In our case we chose the Community Based Clinic. When we went for the appointment I told them he was having hearing issues and they referred him to the hearing clinic. We went to the clinic a few weeks later and he was evaluated. He had left side hearing loss and tinnitis. They ordered the appliance and within the month he had it and is wearing it. If this was due to his service you just need to file a fully developed claim. and they will call him in for a C and P exam. That is the key...gather your medical records, his hearing history, identify and have proof of service related injury. Just time consuming but not impossible.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys.. im a first time poster, but i was rated 70% ptsd by va first claim i did.  So my wife filed claims for my knees ankles and back and iu all at the same time....i got 10% a piece for back, knees, and ankles and i seen on my benefits that it bumped me up to 80% total service connected dissabilty but haven't seen anything about my iu yet??!! so what i was wondering is.. does the approval of iu show on my benefits or come in the mail??

13 hours ago, redberet22 said:

Hey guys.. im a first time poster, but i was rated 70% ptsd by va first claim i did.  So my wife filed claims for my knees ankles and back and iu all at the same time....i got 10% a piece for back, knees, and ankles and i seen on my benefits that it bumped me up to 80% total service connected dissabilty but haven't seen anything about my iu yet??!! so what i was wondering is.. does the approval of iu show on my benefits or come in the mail??

To answer your question both should or will happen. Now I see that you replied to a very old post instead of starting your own post.  In the future if you decide to post a question please be aware of where you are on the board. I am not trying to correct you, I am informing you that when you start your own post you will get more eyes to view it and most likely more responses.   

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use