• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Wertle

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I agree with Berta. Ask for a CUE on the information they didn't use.
    • Non Expert opinion here, if your SC Ratings aren't "Locked IN" per VA Regs, your kinda Screwed and I think you have (2) options. After you get the Award/Denial Letter, you could immediately file an "Official Request for a CUE Review" or be prepared to jump on the NOD Train right away. You might be well served to discuss both options with a Very Senior VSO DRO Appeals Rep. An experienced trained eye, might be able to pick out a CUE issue to address. Could get your reduction unscrewed in as little as a couple months, worked recently for me, took 2 mos. Do you see a VMC Phys Therapist on a regular basis? What do your most recent VA PT Dept ROM Clinician Notes indicate? I assume you filed for the SC Increase based on a Verified worsening of your back condition. What was your ROM evidence? Semper Fi  
    • http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/26013/the-appeals-process-remands/ Author :Catherine Trombley
    • Just wanted to give anyone later reading this an update: I was rated 70% on the 28th of September and then retro just hit this morning. (30th) Just wanted to thank all that have helped me and other veterans through this process. You truly do not know how much you have helped my family and others with this process. My two cents: Document, document, document! Keep everything and have all your ducks in a row before you file a claim. It makes it so much easier. I had also filed an intent to file claim before I formally requested an increase just to make sure I had all my documents together. Lastly, please do your research thoroughly before you file. It helps out tremendously. Again, thank you all!
    • So update they found everything service connected but at a 0% rating so I'm still 90% but yet there's a check going in for a huge amount and I downloaded my award letter and it still says 90% but a different monthly check amount that's more then what I was getting.  The only smc is smc k1 

wolfangel57

Ptsd Denial

12 posts in this topic

I have been fighting for my VA benefits for 20+ years. My VA Psychiatrist wrote

a letter on my behalf stating my PTSD was Service connected. I have been treated

by the VA for nearly 10 years for my PTSD and other service related illnesses. I am only 10% service connected right now for migraines.

Washington DC has denied me 3x saying my Psychiatrists letter was heresay and she based her information only on what I have told her. If the VA is treating me fro PTSD

when why are they not compensating me for my PTSD!!

I also have Fibromyalgia, Panic Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Endometrosis (Not cureable) Loss of a tube and Ovary while in Service, MVA on base, the list goes on.

Records are conveniently not avaliable and Washington keeps asking me for new

information to consider my claim to be re-evaluated My Psychiatrist is well-reknowned

in the field for PTSD and for them to question her expertise is appalling to me any advice?

I would be looking for one of those Special Attorneys "Ones that Win"

You are oin the Twilight zone if you think you can win by yourself......good luck.....you been had as some would say.

RP

I have been fighting for my VA benefits for 20+ years. My VA Psychiatrist wrote

a letter on my behalf stating my PTSD was Service connected. I have been treated

by the VA for nearly 10 years for my PTSD and other service related illnesses. I am only 10% service connected right now for migraines.

Washington DC has denied me 3x saying my Psychiatrists letter was heresay and she based her information only on what I have told her. If the VA is treating me fro PTSD

I also have Fibromyalgia, Panic Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Endometrosis (Not cureable) Loss of a tube and Ovary while in Service, MVA on base, the list goes on.

Records are conveniently not avaliable and Washington keeps asking me for new

information to consider my claim to be re-evaluated My Psychiatrist is well-reknowned

in the field for PTSD and for them to question her expertise is appalling to me any advice?

Hi,

I am fighting my claim as well for PTSD. If you are looking for some advice from this group, you must first describe your current situation.

Please post information like the following:

* When and where did you first file for PTSD and what was the decision and their reasons?

* Did you have a documented stressor event in your file?

* Did you file a NOD before the 1 year response date?

* Have you completed an appeal?

Please remember that the facts speak for themselves and the VA must follow certain guidelines. Take your time when responding and try to enter data that helps us to help you.

Hey wolf,

Being diagnosed with PTSD is a big hurdle to cross. But the VA will also need additional information to confirm the stressor(s). If your PTSD was combat related, certain combat awards and other evidence may be required. If your PTSD was due to personal assault, other information will be required (see VBA Form 21-0781a, section 7 on page 3).

Your decision letter explains the details why your claim was denied. Did they indicate anything else other than the hearsay part? The VA should say if the stressors have been confirmed or not.

In tough situations like this, I would also recommend Ron's advice to locate a good attorney, probably one that works on contingency. This means they get paid a portion of any backpay you may receive involving the claim. Something of something is better than nothing. Also, don't let your claim go stale and don't give up!

Good advise here-

the diagnosis of PTSD is only one hurdle.

What NSA Saigon said is crucial:

"Did you have a documented stressor event in your file?"

Or have the CAR, PH, or CIB on your DD 214?

If not what have you done to prove the stressor?

Did VA run the stressor through JSRRC and if so, did you do that as well too?

My VA Psychiatrist wrote a letter on my behalf stating my PTSD was Service connected.

I have been treated by the VA for nearly 10 years for my PTSD and other service related illnesses.

wolfgang,

Too bad the Psychiatrist did not state she had gone thru your records and opined on WHAT HAPPENED on active duty

that resulted in your having PTSD. This is known as a stressor and you need to show one that is verifiable or evidence

that the VBA will automatically concede as a stressor for PTSD.

When and where did you do active duty. Were you ever in a combat area ?

Do you have any awards on your DD214 ?

What was the event that led to your diagnosis of PTSD ?