VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Opinion Request Template

Rate this question

rakkwarrior

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks you did repeat a paragraph that starts out Once you have....

I will think about it but so far it looks good to me as it helps explain what is needed by outside Doc.

Great- this is similiar to the IMO criteria I posted here in our IMO forum.

I developed the criteria I posted from 2 IMOs I obtained from Dr. Craig C Bash, Neuroradiologist-well know to VA as well as former VA doctor.

I certainly added to the criteria that if the claim regards an IMO on a mental health issue,the doctor should state that they believe the veteran's mental disability does not hinder or prevent them from handling their own funds.

Ask you know Rakk the VA fiduciary program (particularly in Waco) is in utter chaos and I expect some civil (maybe criminal)actions will occur due to mismanagement of fiduciarys approved by the VA.

At the same time this story was breaking I noticed that VA was getting very quick to deem MH veterans as incompetent-if they were expecting a large retro.

A friend of mine had succeeded in a MH claim that took 12 years (I helped him but that long time frame was due in part to his disability and forgetfulness over suggestions I made as to critical evidence) Long story-they awarded almost 1/4 million but at last minute deemed him incompetent.

Believe me this was a good decision on VA's part and his wife , a mental health professional herself was a willing and ideal payee.

Still this added many months to his wait for his retro money and although this was a good decision by VA, there are many MH veterans who are not incompetent and if they are obtaining an IMO anyhow for a MH issue they might as well get a strong statement from the doctor on that in the IMO to stavce off any incompetence BS by VA which will definitely add more time to the day they finally get their retro comp.

I need to post an IMO criteria specifically for widows and widowers.

Unfortunately the best evidence a survivor can have might well be the results of an autopsy as a death certificate might not detail the cause of death enough for DIC purposes.

That is something I feel all vets should discuss with their spouses in their lifetimes and make sure, if they are organ donors,that the spouse knows that.An autopsy will be done then for most if not all organ donors and it will detail their complete main organ status at death.

Edited by Berta

Fabulous-thank you!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use