• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    bellastar

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • once it goes to closed, look on ebenefits and read your ab8 letter- the one that details your rating. you will also see in there your rating listed, off in the side bar iirc. after your claim closes wait a few days before reading  your ab8 since it needs to be updated too and i speculate that it is in a different part of the system. 
    • Good day all, i know eBenefits is less credible than my 2yo girl, but mine at least has shown some consistency. Couple questions... mine is moved to PDA. How can I tell what I'm getting or how disappointed I will be, other than waiting for the official BWE/BBE? EBenefits, since updating this morning to PDA shows an appointment request was made but no details? Would this be related to closing out my claim or possible that only part of my claim is being worked on while the other is being deferred? any advice/guidance/insight would be appreciated. Thank you all!!  
    • WOW, I am so glad this turned out well for you!
    • WABLACK You either currently do or don't have PTSD, let the VA Rating Dept decide. Do the PTSD FDC on your E-Ben site. Indicate all your Medical records are with your VMC, then hit the SUBMIT Button. Sit back, relax and let the VA do it's work. You should get a PTSD C & P Exam in a couple months. The C & P PTSD DBQ is the only (1) that matters. Review the PTSD DBQ prior to your C & P. You don't need to wait, while your attempting to gather additional evidence or DBQ's from other MH Clinicians, waste of time with PTSD. Go with what is currently "Evidence of Record." Semper Fi  
    • Gastone; I think you miss took my statement.....I don't hold on to the loss of 17 years.  I just feel "cheated" as other Veterans that I should have been s/c all those years but I am grateful that I am S/C today.  I don't have the "constant" guilt... If it wasn't for my boyfriend and dear friend back in 2013 telling me to apply, I would not be where I am today and that is why I an so grateful.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rakkwarrior

Medical Opinion Request Template

9 posts in this topic

DELETED

Edited by rakkwarrior
duplicate paragraph

Thanks you did repeat a paragraph that starts out Once you have....

I will think about it but so far it looks good to me as it helps explain what is needed by outside Doc.

Yeah but I haven't learned how to edit in these forums yet. :-) Good catch :smile:

Pete & rak,

I edited out the duplicate paragraph.

Great- this is similiar to the IMO criteria I posted here in our IMO forum.

I developed the criteria I posted from 2 IMOs I obtained from Dr. Craig C Bash, Neuroradiologist-well know to VA as well as former VA doctor.

I certainly added to the criteria that if the claim regards an IMO on a mental health issue,the doctor should state that they believe the veteran's mental disability does not hinder or prevent them from handling their own funds.

Ask you know Rakk the VA fiduciary program (particularly in Waco) is in utter chaos and I expect some civil (maybe criminal)actions will occur due to mismanagement of fiduciarys approved by the VA.

At the same time this story was breaking I noticed that VA was getting very quick to deem MH veterans as incompetent-if they were expecting a large retro.

A friend of mine had succeeded in a MH claim that took 12 years (I helped him but that long time frame was due in part to his disability and forgetfulness over suggestions I made as to critical evidence) Long story-they awarded almost 1/4 million but at last minute deemed him incompetent.

Believe me this was a good decision on VA's part and his wife , a mental health professional herself was a willing and ideal payee.

Still this added many months to his wait for his retro money and although this was a good decision by VA, there are many MH veterans who are not incompetent and if they are obtaining an IMO anyhow for a MH issue they might as well get a strong statement from the doctor on that in the IMO to stavce off any incompetence BS by VA which will definitely add more time to the day they finally get their retro comp.

I need to post an IMO criteria specifically for widows and widowers.

Unfortunately the best evidence a survivor can have might well be the results of an autopsy as a death certificate might not detail the cause of death enough for DIC purposes.

That is something I feel all vets should discuss with their spouses in their lifetimes and make sure, if they are organ donors,that the spouse knows that.An autopsy will be done then for most if not all organ donors and it will detail their complete main organ status at death.

Edited by Berta

DELETED

Edited by rakkwarrior