• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jim Cockerham

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Hello all! just wanted to say thank you to all who have helped me in this VA disability thing.  I just got my ID card at Hurlburt Field AFB and it feels good! I have continuing struggles and therapy, but otherwise, I am glad this is over.  I just wanted to tell anyone that reads this and is struggling, if you have a good case, DO NOT GIVE UP.  I have had ALL pleasant experiences with the VA and it was relatively easy to navigate this system and get to my 100% P&T rating for PTSD/MST.  I will tell you that you must have your ducks in a row, if you are not in treatment, get there now! Most of my treatment was with the VA, so it was all documented.  I had every clear marker that there was in my STR.  It is so important to stay organized, get to a Vet Center, get a VSO.......ect............., This is not rocket science, the only reason that it takes them a little bit, (In my case, 9 months), I think is, because they have so many fraudulent claims clogging up the system.  If you have a good case, have all your records or can prove clear markers, are getting treatment, be honest at the C&P, then you claim should go just like mine did!  If anyone would like to ask any questions, please feel free to message me! I would love to do my best to help ANYONE that is suffering out there!  Be blessed everyone!   FLORIDANURSE
    • here's a link to our calculator VA Service Connected Disabilities Rating % Calculator This is not your mother’s arithmetic and 50 + 50 does not equal 100. It’s also called fuzzy math by some, so plug in your percentages into the calculator and it will tell you what your total percentage is.
    • In your opinion do you think my IME is strong enough to overcome the fact my MSR's have no record of a problem?
    • How do I find out what my raw score is? My ratings are per VA letter are 50% Migraine 40% TBI 40% TMJ 30% PID In real math that is 160, so I am not sure what my raw score is. Thanks for your reply.      
    • What happens if OIG finds a veteran was paid SMC'S and the rater made a mistake?...will the veteran have to pay all he has got with SMC-S Back?   That could be catastrophic to the veteran and his family  if he has been getting SMC for years. http://www.va.gov/oig/52/reports/2005/VAOIG-05-00765-137.pdf Interesting read!

Guest tompoe

Va Pension Checks Held Up?

8 posts in this topic

It appears we are headed to shut down government in March. Will VA Pension checks be held up? Were VA Pension checks held up when they shut down the government in 1994?

Edited by Pete53
So post could be shown

As it stands now all government checks could be in danger in about 2 weeks. We should have no problems with our check in 9 days but the month after maybe yes.

I edited your post so that I could approve it. Politics are not allowed here no matter what your view.

Tom, in 95 both the wife and i were employed by the VA. We were both in critical jobs so we did not get the 3 week vacation.

As I remember the SSA and VA checks were not effected by the shutdown so I doubt they will be effected if they do it again.

John

tompoe - I doubt any checks will be held up. No need to panic!! I notice this is your first post. I hope you didn't join just to create fear, among the troops, here?? The thing I hate is when they go back to work they get paid, just as if they worked during the "shut down." Grrrrr! jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

agreed pr.

tompoe - I doubt any checks will be held up. No need to panic!! I notice this is your first post. I hope you didn't join just to create fear, among the troops, here?? The thing I hate is when they go back to work they get paid, just as if they worked during the "shut down." Grrrrr! jmo

pr

From what I could find out - - "Normal" SSA & VA pension, SSDI, VA compensation, etc checks "should be on time". Other checks may get delayed.

BUT, the short interim funding (just passed?) supposedly results in no delays, so the issue may be moot.