VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Pension Checks Held Up?

Guest tompoe

It appears we are headed to shut down government in March. Will VA Pension checks be held up? Were VA Pension checks held up when they shut down the government in 1994?

Edited by Pete53
So post could be shown

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

As it stands now all government checks could be in danger in about 2 weeks. We should have no problems with our check in 9 days but the month after maybe yes.

I edited your post so that I could approve it. Politics are not allowed here no matter what your view.

• HadIt.com Elder

Tom, in 95 both the wife and i were employed by the VA. We were both in critical jobs so we did not get the 3 week vacation.

As I remember the SSA and VA checks were not effected by the shutdown so I doubt they will be effected if they do it again.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

tompoe - I doubt any checks will be held up. No need to panic!! I notice this is your first post. I hope you didn't join just to create fear, among the troops, here?? The thing I hate is when they go back to work they get paid, just as if they worked during the "shut down." Grrrrr! jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

• Founder

agreed pr.

tompoe - I doubt any checks will be held up. No need to panic!! I notice this is your first post. I hope you didn't join just to create fear, among the troops, here?? The thing I hate is when they go back to work they get paid, just as if they worked during the "shut down." Grrrrr! jmo

pr

• 2 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

From what I could find out - - "Normal" SSA & VA pension, SSDI, VA compensation, etc checks "should be on time". Other checks may get delayed.

BUT, the short interim funding (just passed?) supposedly results in no delays, so the issue may be moot.