• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    75HotelCalifornia

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • You can also use your E-Ben Award Letter to get your 100 DAV DOD card for Commissary and State Waiver of Auto Registration charge. In MI, DAV plate is good for 4 yrs. Semper Fi
    • Not sure I am following you but my DRO informal hearing sucked A$$.  So regardless of having one I am still back at square one. My face to face was a bold face lie regarding the DRO.  I agree that having one is better than a review but still you should be sure you get an honest one at that! I never needed or wanted IU.  I am fortunate enough to not need it and I am glad I don't b/c so many Vet's do need it and have to fight just to survive and live month to month.
    • Well if nothing else, any and all Vets reading your Topic, should come away with an understanding of the importance of the actual DRO Hearing as opposed to the Review. The Hearing definitely takes longer, but the opportunity to plead your case, face to face with the person making the RO Final Decision, is worth it. With your stated Earned Income, IU is currently off the table. Try and stay safe. Semper Fi
    • Haven't see  any Retro pay yet but IU was back dated to July 11 2015 to March 8, 2016 per the DAV than I became 100% scheduler after that date. I'm thinking its gonna be in the 15k range I was 90% prior to this decision. I have direct deposit set up to send an alert for any deposits. I plan to file for the property Tax and life insurance once I get the official word. Just seems to be dragging along, I live in NC and was told that my Claim was now in Baltimore under final review, its been close to 80 days since a decision was made on June 16,2016 now a new decision was made on Aug 19,2016, fearing I'm going to be stuck on a ferris wheel to nowhere fast.
    • To summarize: 1.  Get your records fixed. 2.  File the I9, timely even if you can not get the records fixed in time.  If the VA has not responded to your request to amend records, per 3.1579, then so state in your I9.     Later, if the VA does amend the records (or if they refuse), then submit that as new and material evidence, per 38 cfr 3.156.   3.  Get help as you may be too emotionally involved in the outcome.  Even lawyers get lawyers.  "A lawyer who represents himself has a fool as a client.".  Alex could probably fix this mess for you, probably John Dorle could also, but you have a short time fuse, so file the I9 in 60 days no matter what, even if you have to amend it later.  

Guest tompoe

Va Pension Checks Held Up?

8 posts in this topic

It appears we are headed to shut down government in March. Will VA Pension checks be held up? Were VA Pension checks held up when they shut down the government in 1994?

Edited by Pete53
So post could be shown

As it stands now all government checks could be in danger in about 2 weeks. We should have no problems with our check in 9 days but the month after maybe yes.

I edited your post so that I could approve it. Politics are not allowed here no matter what your view.

Tom, in 95 both the wife and i were employed by the VA. We were both in critical jobs so we did not get the 3 week vacation.

As I remember the SSA and VA checks were not effected by the shutdown so I doubt they will be effected if they do it again.

John

tompoe - I doubt any checks will be held up. No need to panic!! I notice this is your first post. I hope you didn't join just to create fear, among the troops, here?? The thing I hate is when they go back to work they get paid, just as if they worked during the "shut down." Grrrrr! jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

agreed pr.

tompoe - I doubt any checks will be held up. No need to panic!! I notice this is your first post. I hope you didn't join just to create fear, among the troops, here?? The thing I hate is when they go back to work they get paid, just as if they worked during the "shut down." Grrrrr! jmo

pr

From what I could find out - - "Normal" SSA & VA pension, SSDI, VA compensation, etc checks "should be on time". Other checks may get delayed.

BUT, the short interim funding (just passed?) supposedly results in no delays, so the issue may be moot.