VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good News I Guess

Rate this topic

Omg-Sue

We got the brown envelope. However, we get the benefits but not the money. They are holding it until they find a fiduciary to manage the money. ALL OF IT. They claim he is incompetent. Includes the 70% he was already getting. We will have to ask for every penny.

I appreciate the insurance so very much because I have not had any of my meds since December. ChampVa is the answer to a prayer.

K already got his free hunting/fishing license today. The hunting part is a hoot 'cause he is blind. Blind Rifle Association!

We're not desperate for money at all but the plan had been to pay off everything we owe with the retro. K is afraid to object as he fears they will take it all back. His claim was for TDIU but they gave him 100% P/T instead. Whats the difference?

HADIT information has been wonderful. Berta told me about Watchdogtoday.org and I read everything I could find there on fiduciary assignment. OMG, what happened to Democracy? Good intentions gone terribly wrong.

Overall, I am so glad this is finally over. Or is it? Nobody wants some stranger to have their nose in their business. Oh yes, the fiduciary gets 3% per month out of the pension. Not much except for the retro which was about $12,000. All these years I have managed K's money for nothing! I coulda made 3% too. LOL

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or is it? Nobody wants some stranger to have their nose in their business.

Oh yes, the fiduciary gets 3% per month out of the pension. Not much except for the retro which was about $12,000. All these years I have managed K's money for nothing! I coulda made 3% too. LOL

Omg,

Can't you be appointed the fiduciary ?

Also, please clarify, is he getting VA pension (which is income limited) or VA disability compensation?

Omg,

Also, please clarify, is he getting VA pension (which is income limited) or VA disability compensation?

Hi Carlie, K is getting disability comp & filed for TDIU to make 100%. He did ask by letter for me to be the fiduciary just today.

VAWatchdogtoday.org has some disturbing experiences related by vets on this subject.

Congrats on the award, but this really cooks my chaps.

They are holding it until they find a fiduciary to manage the money. ALL OF IT. They claim he is incompetent. Includes the 70% he was already getting. We will have to ask for every penny.

Omg,

I would like to know this also. Did a social worker come to visit

as you stated in your other post. If so, did you tell them that you

wanted to be fiduciary?

I'm very interested in this, because I think I may be headed down

this same road. I will be eligible for over 4 yrs of retro if approved.

There has to be a way to keep these vultures out of our pockets. There

has been too much corruption in this fiduciary fiasco, and I will not

stand by and allow someone to control the rest of the little time that I have here.

Omg,

Edited by Sidney56

• HadIt.com Elder

A POA only allows someone else to act "as you, for you" but doesn't remove your ability to act for yourself. A fiduciary removes your ability to legally act for yourself and names a responsible party to act for you. Usually the VA doesn't want you to urinate your money away, due to drugs or alcohol, and requires a fiduciary to prevent this. Personally, I would fight it but the spouse can be named, if you desire. jmo

pr

does anyone think maybe power of attorney for a spouse would be a good quick fix to this type of problem? until the vet gets their retro..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use