VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Since Dro Hearing And Waiting For Decision?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How long since DRO hearing and waiting for decision?

I have about 6 issues in my claim, in appeals.

For me, 4 months almost exactly. (DRO hearing Dec. 8, 2010) (they sent me my SOC january 28, 2011, the SOC was for 3 issues).

No decision for 3 issues.

Those that are stil denied go onto BVA for decision.

I had an poll type thread in which I asked how many on appeal, but that question was a little different, and that was in the research area of these forums....

How long for those of you that had a DRO hearing, and yet to get a decision? and how long have the wait been?

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It took me about 7 months and one increased from 30 to 50% on a cue the DRO stated one the VARO decision was a made the mistake, the other denied and were to BVA for 2 years and remanded back to VARO and was settled for 100% PT no future exams...with some concessions...

PLEASE LET ME CLARIFY 7 MONTHS WAITING FOR THE DRO HEARING and 7 MONTHS TO OBTAIN A COPY OF THE TRANSCRIPT and MY AWARD DECISION...and a few months to get the retro. SO ABOUT 14 MONTHS TOTAL WAITING FOR HEARING AND DRO DECISION AWARD AND 2 MORE TO GET RETRO so 16 MONTHS TOTAL HERE.:ohmy:

JUST WANTED TO CLARIFY TOTAL AMOUNT OF TIME FROM DRO REQUESTED TO HEARING TO PAY RECEIVED.

I called my VSO to ask what is going on with my claim.. they still have it listed as pending,, the DRO hearing was december 2010. So, basically they haven't done a damned thing with my file.. in January they sent me an SOC for 3 out of 6 items,, the 3 with the SOC will go on to the BVA appeal process, and the remaining 3 need to go through the ratings process... but it appears they are in no hurry to move them along..

The main item is for Pancreas disease (intestinal disease) for which I showed the nexus between the disease for which I was hopitalized for on active duty... together with all records plus an IMO...

together with the fact that I have not been able to work for 15 years.. just sit her and keep waitng and waiting...

at the dro hearing, my wife asked the dro person why they kept sending out a letter every once in a while saying they were working on the claim... of course he had a bs answer to give her..

in January they sent me an SOC for 3 out of 6 items,, the 3 with the SOC will go on to the BVA appeal process, and the remaining 3 need to go through the ratings process...

retired,

People sure could provide more help if you were to post everything

from the SOC that addressees your issues.

had dro hearing in dec, 2010

1)Chronic Pancreatitis (necratizing pancreatitis)

2)Distal Polyneurathy

3)skin rashes (edema, swelling, etc)

4)depression

5)myotonic dystrophy (tremors, shaking, involuntary movements, balance problems, muscle weakness, and more..)

6)left knee (chondritis ?) anyways,, pain in left knee started on active duty.

I only received an soc (Jan. 2011) (says these items remain denied) for :

4)depression

5)myotonic dystrophy

6)left knee

(no soc recieved for other conditions (1,2,3).

I think I covered these right, and didn't omit any... I don't quite understand how these medical issues get classified in the ways they do... but I partially rely on the experience of others to help, such as my VSO in these matters of my claim, filing, letters, etc..

Edited by retiredat44