VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Since Dro Hearing And Waiting For Decision?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How long since DRO hearing and waiting for decision?

I have about 6 issues in my claim, in appeals.

For me, 4 months almost exactly. (DRO hearing Dec. 8, 2010) (they sent me my SOC january 28, 2011, the SOC was for 3 issues).

No decision for 3 issues.

Those that are stil denied go onto BVA for decision.

I had an poll type thread in which I asked how many on appeal, but that question was a little different, and that was in the research area of these forums....

How long for those of you that had a DRO hearing, and yet to get a decision? and how long have the wait been?

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am now in month 7 of waiting for the DRO hearing decision... on the 3 issues that I never received an SOC for..

to top of wating for other problems and no decisions from my dro hearing dec. 2010, I now have been diagnosed with Glaucoma (left eye). I already have (had cataracts, with surgery only on one eye.. plus a growth on the retina of the eye that had cataract surgery...). It will be a miracle if I don't die (from the necratizing pancreas disease) before they quit dicking with me and make my decisions...

month 8 starts in one week,,, for a decision since dro hearing back on Dec. 8 2010....

we aksed the dro hearing office approximately how long it might be and he looked lilke a weasel trying to get out of estimating... how about some human decency out of these people who work for the VA, how about some honesty,, instead they are weasels holdiong life and death in their hands...

it's now into 10 months since the dro hearing (my dro hearing was dec 8, 2010)... without a decsion on 3 of 6 issues, 3 were still denied (stated in the soc and ssoc, and are proceeding to the BVA... Those form 9 issues were sent in more than one year ago..

the other 3 issues never got an soc.. so I guess that means, they wil give me a decsion once they get done screwing around and do it...

San Diego, slower than hell... (it's no paradise here,, it's a craphole....don't believe those frakkin vacation thingies..)

IMHO

14 months and waiting for DRO decision.. another crappy year, waiting for my pancreas to finally die... will I die before I get the decision and award? Very good possibility, since my prognosis written while an inpatient (for 6 months and surgeries) is 'poor' (as written in my records by surgeons). Necrotizing Pancreatitis..

The VA called my house Friday, and left a message.. i didn't hear the phone or I would have answered it.. it says they will call back Monday

I wish they would just leave a full message.. why not just say whatever they need to say??

They also said they will send me for an exam (a letter in the mail says they are sending me for the exam) for my 'Knee Pain: Chondromalacia' which I was diagnosed for on active duty. You would think after the huge amount of times I had work done on my body, and hospitalizations, surgeries, and very long hospital stays they wouldn't need anything.. very odd..

I stopped getting treatment for my knee when my L-4 disc broke (I get spinal shots ever 3 months) and my pancreas disease took over my life.. plus the doctor who treated my knee in the 1980's was no where to be found when I went looking for copies of records from back then.. but the USAF has copies in my Medical records from active duty..

The knee is an annoyance compared to pancreas disease... 'when you are ass deep in alligators, you forget your job is to clean the swamp..

'is that how they say that'?

but, any little win is better than none,, but if all my problems were added up with VA math I would get 2,000 percent easily..

I am still waiting for my pancreas disease (necrotizing pancreatitis = pancreas is dying.. the pancreas is dissolving, being eaten away, but a person needs a pancreas to live...) decision...

Had my DRO hearing in 2010.

At least there is movement...

I hope I live to see the end of this..

Edited by retiredat44