VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Since Dro Hearing And Waiting For Decision?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How long since DRO hearing and waiting for decision?

I have about 6 issues in my claim, in appeals.

For me, 4 months almost exactly. (DRO hearing Dec. 8, 2010) (they sent me my SOC january 28, 2011, the SOC was for 3 issues).

No decision for 3 issues.

Those that are stil denied go onto BVA for decision.

I had an poll type thread in which I asked how many on appeal, but that question was a little different, and that was in the research area of these forums....

How long for those of you that had a DRO hearing, and yet to get a decision? and how long have the wait been?

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

retired - Hang in there. We're here for you and I'm personally praying for you. Keep pressing them for a response. Use the media if you have to.

I am so sorry I bug everyone here with little things, but I just can't get through this, it is always some total B.S. every place I turn...

I fill out a form and attach more forms, and go to my Congressmans office, only a few blocks away,, I go there at 8:20, wait until 8:30 am,, a nice lady who works at the business next to his says they wil be cak at 9:00 am for a meeting, I say fine thank you,,

and picture me a skinny old guy (5'9") whose eyes look like I am a junky and look like I am dying.. I have no idea what she thinks, if i am a nut or what..

I look much older than I am, due to diseases.. and the V.A. torment..

I come back at 9 a.m. and I ring the bell, (of course there is not access, it's like Maxwell Smart and Control headquarters..)

It says there are cameras, and it's on the 3rd floor of a non-descript office building with a few other professional businesses..)..

I ring the damned buzzer, no answer,,, that same lady comes out of her office and says they probably won't be back until later...

she offer's to hand them my envelope to them whent hey get there.. It is an envelope ready to mail with the addresses of each party with names...

I voluntarily add that it's about Veteran issues... and asked how will I know they get it.. (not in a nasty way, in a very uupset and sick, tired, exasperated way..

She says they wil cal me, but it may take a few days.. that's ok,, I understand I am just one person and they are trying ot save the world,,, I am not even on radar..

anyways, I gave her the envelope... I have trust in here, it's either the U.S. mail, me stalking the office, or ????

I want it all to end..

Next week I, I have to go to a special eye clinic for people with eye diseases, they need to use a special camera for glaucoma..

I will again drop by my VSO office at the regional VA claims office very early 7 a.m. to make sure I get a place to park..(btw, the employees use up the disabled parking places, inlcuding the guy who was my DRO) any later, and there is no parking because to many people.. (before my eye appointment, which is over in LaJolla, by the VA Hospital, Shiley Eye Clinic), to ask my VSO about handing in a TDIU form,, I tried 2 weeks ago, but they closed the building odwn when they had electrical problems..

btw, that should be a scandal in itself, a whole huge federal building with VA medical office, full clinics, and reginal V.A. office closes a day tells everyone to go away, because for some electrical problem,, it's a bunch of bunglers running Mission valley... V.A..

The guards totally suck, Nazi s !!!

and the Claims people (maybe they are nice at home, but at their job they are rotten! )...

They literally toss and ignore evidence, and i hope someday the nest is sprayed..

No one should go through all this hell..

Maybe I took this too far,, oh well, take away my birthday,,

BTW, anyone else go there, what do you think about having ot deal with that place (while very sick?)

maybe if I were healthy it wouldn't look so bad to me...

but, the San Diego VAMC (hospital in LaJolla) has the nicest people, how could the two places be so totally oppisite?

Edited by retiredat44

My Congressman's office called me, they got my letters and signed release of documents form.. their Veteran's help guy will get back with me in the coming weeks to tell me if he can find anything out.. why the V.A. are dragging their feet on decsions,,, from dro hearing in 2010...

also why they never responded to my Hardship application/appeal to speed up my claim for serious health issues.. (Pancreatic disease)

Edited by retiredat44