VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab Is A Joke..

Rate this question

socomsam

Question

Wow..I wish I had good news.

Went to my initial appointment in September. It's now mid April and I am still in limbo, even with repeated emails to my counselor. She is basically USELESS. I am so disgusted right now. Disgusted with these civilians getting paid a lot of money TO DO NOTHING. To string us along, hoping we'll just give up and go away.

Going to write my Senator. This is ridiculous and an embarrassment to the government and the VA.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't give up after three years of trying Independent Living may come through big time for me. At least that is what I have been told they they are going to make my wishes come true.

Be strong, dont give up keep trying. I am in Voc Rehab and I now have a great cousleor who has whole heartedly helped me, gotten me extras and tryly wants me to succeed- even when I have had to withdraw this semester because of my SC pain went intense she is still supportive and wants me to succeed.

I have also had terrible counselors, never helped, rude, cold, bitchy but I requested 3 times and got a new great counselor! You have to just keep trying, you may have to submit things 2,3,4 times before you get what you want and MAY have to include their managers or as you said your senator but keep trying. I am proof of that- Yeah it's not easy, can suck at times, an make you stress out but with support on here or family, wife,friend,dog whatever keep trying my brother veteran. And good luck.

Sincerely,

Aquabear