VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recent Letter

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

so i have a ptsd claim and heart aschemia going on...my question is...i received a letter from v.a. that states they cannot find my IN SERVICE records for my claim???

Is this a typical letter that goes out? I have NO in service claim records as the ptsd and heart ischemia diagnosis was done a year ago? so they said on the letter that to look else where would be futile.

Is this the END of my claim? or is this a form letter they sent just to inform me , as they said that no other in service records can be found of my claim..its crazy to me, as i didn't have any inservice claim for anything 40 some odd years ago...no one knew about ptsd, or AO!

thanks i was rambling but trying to get my point across.. i hope this is not the end of my claim..

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i will look for the letter that info was lost,,and scan if ...i dont know about a vet rep? i have someone helping me with this claim and seems to being a great job, i am for lack of a better word, apprehensive ,nervous, etc.LOL but believe me these last comments from you and others has made me feel a lot better..thanks again

Yep- USS Benawah was exposed to AO and your MOS was Brown Water.(ATC)

The ship should be on this list link:

If it isnt I have other links but having PC problems due to weather and will post links later---

Your PTSD claim and IHD claim should be relatively easy based on what I see here BUT

check out the new PTSD regs here in the PTSD forum- and I need to mention this-

the list of ships providing vessels to inland waterways-Vietnam- has gotten longer over the past year. I dont know if the VA's list is up to date.

Some of the younger Va raters probably wouldn't know an ATC from a fire tug so it pays to give them detailed info on the ATC and the ship it came from as being on the AO ships list.

A printout proving that should be all they need.

"As i said earlier my private psychiatrist gave me a gaf of PTSD 50% diagnosis. " Unfortunately the new regs require a PTSD from a VA MH provider.(This is unfair and is being challenged in court)I dont think you will have any problems however with the PTSD claim - but you should mention the private diagnosis to the C & P doctor.

I think someone at VA saw USN on your IHD claim and just arbitrarily assumed you were Blue Water and thus said no records of PTSD or IHD in service.( how many vets really have PTSD or IHD in their service records-sure not many)

They need it explained to them that your ship was AO presumptive and so was your MOS.

"It just seems like they are not getting my health records i sent and someone else is getting my application claim and not putting them together, If that makes sense?

At one time after submitting my health records i got a letter that they lost my records, then later i get this letter that its "futile" to look any further?"

Boy they are messing up here.

Can you possibly scan and post that letter (cover personal stuff.)

Do you have a vet rep?

Your ship is also on this AO list from H VAC and posted at the Blue Water Navy Site:

http://www.bluewaternavy.org/shiplist3.pdf