VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Prove Sleep Apnea Was Service Connected?

Rate this question

iraqx2

Question

I am planning on writing a Notice of Disagreement on my sleep apnea decision. The VA in their decision letter, did acknowledged that I do have sleep apnea and currently on a CPAP machine issued by the VA's sleep center. So all of the conditions and treatment are concrete. However, and as usual, " No evidence to support that sleep apnea was service connected ".

I am burned out with paperwork but is currently satisfy with my rating.

Any suggestions on how I can respond and prove that it was service connected?

Thanks

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was a jet eng. mech. in the service and always worked on the flight line on B52. My question is could I receive COPD comp. due to all the Jet fumes I inhaled for four years.I do have COPD now and I also smoked for 24 years. I will turn seventy this week,

I 'am currently at 50% disability 10% toe, 20% back,10% tinnitus 10% diabetes secondary to AO from Guam. I have been receiving most of this since 2013

Edited by JCOTE48
More Information.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2013 at 10:47 PM, Slick said:

I have an "appeal" pending challenging VA's denial of service connected sleep apnea. I did engage a Doc for an IMO and result was Nexus letter cited studies tieing sleep apnea as secondary to PTSD. Like I said claim pending so......................

Hope this helps

Did you end up tying the sleep apnea as secondary to PTSD? I have a sleep apnea claim in but i am sure it will be denied. I had a study, issued a cpap, have statements from my mom, exwife, roommate etc but they will probably say its not service connected etc. So I was hearing that you could possible connect to PTSD if you already have that rated etc. Just seeing what your outcome was?

If you file a FDC, and then submit new evidence, the VA will just remove your claim from the FDC track and put it in the standard claims track. I'm sure there is a time limit for when you can submit the new evidence and have it included in the claim, so I wouldn't wait too long if that is the route you plan on taking.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:56 PM, JCOTE48 said:

I was a jet eng. mech. in the service and always worked on the flight line on B52. My question is could I receive COPD comp. due to all the Jet fumes I inhaled for four years.I do have COPD now and I also smoked for 24 years. I will turn seventy this week,

JCOTE48,

You need to start a new post and give a little more information and someone should be able to help you.

Like are you receiving compensation currently and for what and for how long.  A lot of things co-mingle and we need the big picture.

And then your question,

FWIW,

Hamslice

I am planning on writing a Notice of Disagreement on my sleep apnea decision. The VA in their decision letter, did acknowledged that I do have sleep apnea and currently on a CPAP machine issued by the VA's sleep center. So all of the conditions and treatment are concrete. However, and as usual, " No evidence to support that sleep apnea was service connected ".

I am burned out with paperwork but is currently satisfy with my rating.

Any suggestions on how I can respond and prove that it was service connected?

What are your service connected disabilities?