• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    bellastar

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I believe the correct acronym here is "BOHICA" as in Bend Over Here It Comes Again. I know some nice and very knowledgeable nurses, but do not like the idea that the VA could hypothetically use them for our treatment or in the C&P process, but then deny us based on a Drs opinion who didn't even see or treat us.  To me, it seems like another scandal waiting to happen. Just think of what the whole claims and compensation picture would look like, if the VA just did the right thing, the first time, because it is the right thing to do, and we Veterans have already paid for and earned the right to be compensated.
    • Just dealing with the VA in general will drive you crazy! Ebennies just pushes you over that cliff! As for the additional $ you can receive, you have to think about the multiple amputees and those with TBIs so severe that they function at or below a young child. Pretty much those that can't care for themselves or live on their own, wheelchair bound and such. I knew a Vet who was receiving over $6K a month, but he had full on Parkinson's from AO, was severely overwhelmed with PTSD from 2.5 years in a VC bamboo outdoor living structure...that he couldn't do anything on his own.  His Parkinson's was severe enough that he couldn't drive, cook, tie his shoes, much less button his shirt.  I was good friends with one of his sons, and saw the effect it had on him, with his Dad spending more time in the VAMC than he did at home. So...unless you need the extra $, because you are that disabled, nobody really wants to trade places with those Vets. Semper Fi
    • the one thing that this whole "FDC" bullshit does is make me irritated at an already egregious system. it's a slight bit fear mongering to cause panic and disorder to a Vet, WHO obviously needs help since we're signing up for Disability and all. guess what, you don't NEED a year to put together a well thought out and itemized claim. That whole, you better do it in a year or your screwed thing is B.S. The only system i've EVER seen take nearly a year to get paperwork filed is THE GOD DAMN VA  take your TIME, you'll be fine. never allow anyone to send anything to anywhere without you at least triple checking it. Good Luck
    • I am rated at 70%.  It is my understanding once you reach 50% you can get treated free for non service connected problems at the VA in the US.  Under the FMP you cannot.  You get treated free only for service connected problems.   Could someone please explain the logic of such a policy?  I live in Thailand and medical care is much cheaper here.  I would think it would be to their benefit to have everything treated under FMP as well.   Thanks.
    • Contacted Glenn Johnson at FMP by phone and he approved the PM procedure.  Could have flown to the US and had it done under Medicare or VA, but thought I would give it a shot.  If by some reason they don't pay it will be a much more bitter pill to swallow knowing I could have gotten this done for little or no cost in the US.  The only reason I did not have it done in the US is because they said they would pay. Had the procedure done by a government hospital in Bangkok at half to a third of what it would have cost at a private hospital in Bangkok.  Everything went well.  I had to pay out of pocket.  Could have used Bangkok Hospital who would have billed FMP direct and no out of pocket, but would have been 2 to 3 times more expensive.  The government doctor was trained in the US and worked in both private and government hospitals.  She stated that if I had the procedure done at the private hospital she worked it would cost 2 to 3 times. Sent the bill for reimbursement in March by registered mail.  After 4 months of no news sent email to check status.  The response was they had no record of having received.  There was another bill I had sent by registered mail also in March.  Same response.  No record of my claim.  They requested I send again, so sent by email.  Received email confirmations, so know they have in house.  I have tried sending claims by email, regular mail, and fax.  All have their own problems.  Doctor I used in Bangkok said so much of what he was mailing to VA on behalf of his patients was getting lost.  Started sending by fax and that seemed to work.  Still waiting on reimbursement.  If they do not pay, it will be an expensive lesson.       

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bern381

Appeal/video Conference Hearing

6 posts in this topic

Quite some time ago, 2-3 years, I elected to have a video conference hearing on an appeal for depressive disorder secondary to chronic shoulder pain. My claim is at the Clevelan RO. What is a reasonable time frame to wait for a hearing? Am I as a Gulf War 1 vet being put on the back burner because of current returning veterans? I am frustrated because I cant find out anything about my claim other than it is currently under review. Would the fact that I hired an attorney cause my claim to be delayed. I am afraid to contact a congressman because I am afraid it would further delay my appeal. This process isexhausting. The worst part of it is the lack of meaningful communication.

Once you have an attorney you really have to let go and let the attorney handle everything. This does not preclude checking on how claim is progressing.

Good Luck

Contact your lawyer. He is doing your claim. He should have some answers. You could call about your claim, but don't do anything besides that because you will be stepping on your lawyer's toes and he won't like that. 2-3 years is a long time for a hearing!

Quite some time ago, 2-3 years, I elected to have a video conference hearing on an appeal for depressive disorder secondary to chronic shoulder pain.

My claim is at the Clevelan RO.

bern,

If you requested a video conference hearing, this sounds more like your appeal

is at the BVA level.

Is this correct ?

If the answer is yes, then you are in the "normal" time of waiting.

JMHO

The funny thing is that I assumed that my claim was at the BVA. However, when I called the BVA they informed me that my claim file is at the RO being "reviewed". I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone at the VA. Imagine that!

When the BVA remands a decision it then goes back to the AMC and then to the Regional Office.