This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• New here - Knee pain?
      What treatment option did the doctor suggest?
    • Knee Condition
      Cobra4v, did you consult a physical therapist?
    • Mental Health C&P
      JL, are you sure this was a MH C & P? Looking back at your 5/18 post, seems awful quick, for VA Rater to order MH C & P from the recommendation of a 5/1 (?) C & P. Have you obtained a copy of the  MH DBQ from your VMC Medical records yet? Posting a redacted copy would be very informative. While your at it, get copies of all your C & P DBQs, let's see what the C & P Examiners had to say. Semper Fi  
    • I think I made VA mad
      Dont worry about making VA mad.  I have been on their chit list for about 10 years.    Its what they do.  Allison published a memo that all claims over 2 years old are to be completed first.  Yet, when you ask for that they put you at the back of the pile.  Im thinking you should wait another 30 days or so, then send a letter identifying you as qualifying for Allison Hickey 2 year promise.   If no response after another couple months, then file a writ to compell compliance to Allison Hickeys 2 year promise.  It will get you a quick denial and at least you can appeal.  
    • I think I made VA mad
      Welcome to VA's "World of lies".  It sounds like they promised you a decision any day since 2014.  And, they are letting you know getting a congress critter involved wont help you but puts you to the back of the pile.  Which RO is this?   This is very typical.  They have done something similar to me.  Instead of contacting my congress critter, I contacted Allison Hickey.  What happened with Allison is that it got denied at the board.  This is not necessarly bad, tho, because you wont be getting large retro from the Ro anyway.  They find a way to cut your retro, and hope you wont appeal.  
    • Just got my C&P letter, what to expect?
      i stopped as soon as I got the letter.  1. Flat feet/plantar facia  2. pseudofolliculitis barbae 3. ptsd/anxiety (was never documented as seen) But my service incident should be in my file, I hope anyway.  4. Face scars from the shaving and a face surgery 5. Back pain, upper and lower (was seen only once for it, could be connected to my feet, not sure) 6. Migraines (longest shot)
    • Next claim going down range finally
      Hamslice..  IMHO, They don't need anything further from you or anyone else.  This is just a catch all statement that they perhaps forgot to type: "NONE"...  
      Update number 2 (cont) I see on My HealthyVet, I have 2 C&P's coming up in June, IM COMP & PEN IM RAD ULTRASOUND Oh, boy, Hamslice
      Update number 2, Went to "Gathering Evidence" today, and they moved up my completion dates to 8/28/16-11/07/2016.  Was in 2017 before. Heres my favorite; Needed from others (1) "These are requests for documents that VA has asked others to provide. Here are two actions you can take to speed up the processing of your claim: If you have access to these documents, you can upload them here on this page. Ask the person or organization in possession of your documents to immediately provide them to VA. To mail documents to your nearest VA Regional Office (VARO), search VA's online VARO directory."   It would be nice to know what they are looking for. I might be able to help! Fun with claims, Hamslice  
    • Veterans First Act
      Right on Hamslice. This is a perfect opportunity to contact your representative before this becomes a law. Ask some friends to do the same. We still have a chance to do something about this. It's go time people-

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bern381

Appeal/video Conference Hearing

6 posts in this topic

Quite some time ago, 2-3 years, I elected to have a video conference hearing on an appeal for depressive disorder secondary to chronic shoulder pain. My claim is at the Clevelan RO. What is a reasonable time frame to wait for a hearing? Am I as a Gulf War 1 vet being put on the back burner because of current returning veterans? I am frustrated because I cant find out anything about my claim other than it is currently under review. Would the fact that I hired an attorney cause my claim to be delayed. I am afraid to contact a congressman because I am afraid it would further delay my appeal. This process isexhausting. The worst part of it is the lack of meaningful communication.

Once you have an attorney you really have to let go and let the attorney handle everything. This does not preclude checking on how claim is progressing.

Good Luck

Contact your lawyer. He is doing your claim. He should have some answers. You could call about your claim, but don't do anything besides that because you will be stepping on your lawyer's toes and he won't like that. 2-3 years is a long time for a hearing!

Quite some time ago, 2-3 years, I elected to have a video conference hearing on an appeal for depressive disorder secondary to chronic shoulder pain.

My claim is at the Clevelan RO.

bern,

If you requested a video conference hearing, this sounds more like your appeal

is at the BVA level.

Is this correct ?

If the answer is yes, then you are in the "normal" time of waiting.

JMHO

The funny thing is that I assumed that my claim was at the BVA. However, when I called the BVA they informed me that my claim file is at the RO being "reviewed". I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone at the VA. Imagine that!

When the BVA remands a decision it then goes back to the AMC and then to the Regional Office.