VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Medical--- Ssd Medical

Social security has sent me an automatic enrollment into their program. They say it is madatory for those who receive SSDI.

My Question is who becomes primary provider and who pays what. I'm currently holding a 70% SC Paying 100% IU.

Any input would be greatly apreciated .

LOVE AND RESPECT

BANDIDO BILL

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

VA can't bill medicare. I would take the medicare and take part B. I don't want to depend on the VA if I need brain surgery or heart surgery. I just got medicare to pay for my cataract surgery. I got the best doctor in town to do it. I fear to think what mistakes the VA might have made considering they get their lenses from the lowest bidder.

Thanks John---- They always ask if I have any other medical insurance when I go to the VA. Should I report the Medicar to them????

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a Medicare HMO available where you live you might look into them also.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually, by law, you are required to tell the VA about insurance. With Medicare, part A only, (standard, no additional premium cost), effects are minimal. With Part B (you pay an additional premium, normally out of the SSA/SSDI check), the usual result is that the VA will not pay anything towards non VA ER services. With "private" insurance, the VA may bill the insurance. A similar situation can occur when a retiree uses a military hospital.

Thanks John---- They always ask if I have any other medical insurance when I go to the VA. Should I report the Medicar to them????

• HadIt.com Elder

Even if you don't tell the VA always told me that they did not bill Medicare they find out.