VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

California (Ca): San Diego

• HadIt.com Elder

San Diego Regional Office

This topic was created to try to help veterans who use this regional office. It is designed to offer a way for them to possibly help each other or band together to possibly get services improved.

When commenting in this topic, please try to do so constructively.

1. Mention reason for interacting with this regional office;

2. Give your pro/con on this interaction;

3. Without betraying private information, try to offer information or warnings that might be helpful to others when dealing with this office.

4. Please do not give names, phone numbers or addresses of specific persons at this office. If you do so, the post will be deleted.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else deal with San Diego R.O.? how often,, appeal pending...?

example, I had DRO hearing Dec. 8. 2010. But my doctors are mostly at La Jolla and also in Oceanside. My VSO is also at the San Diego Mission Valley R.O. (American Legio). I am Still waiting for my decision on 3 issues of my claims,, I believe the others 3 issues are going to or at the BVA. 8 months of waiting for the decison is crazy... when I asked the dro officer (well actually my wife, me, and vso kinda asked how long and they would nto specify, but they didn't exactly say it would take forever either.. they implied a few months not a year or more..

My SOC that was sent to me was sent January 2011 for 3 issues, The other 3 isssues I never received any paperwork.

I was hoping some forum would be more specific for regional offices in forums,, now may some Vets that deal with San Diego , Mission Valley R.O. can also post with news of what that heck is going on at that office and why they take forever to put out info on cases.

anyone else have dealing and news from these offices?

thanx..

• 2 weeks later...

there has to be some people that read these forums that are using San Diego VA RO offices for claims... I don't see any people posting for nay California offices... it would be great to hear about wtf is going on around the California offices..

such as,

timelines (most important)

trends like approvals, denials, screwups...

news..

thanx..

there has to be some people that read these forums that are using San Diego VA RO offices for claims... I don't see any people posting for nay California offices... it would be great to hear about wtf is going on around the California offices..

such as,

timelines (most important)

trends like approvals, denials, screwups...

news..

thanx..

retiredat 44:

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH OAKLAND RO. AT LEAST YOU HAVE HAD A DRO HEARING AND YOUR SOC SUPPLIED TO YOU SO THAT YOU CAN ADVANCE YOUR APPEAL FUTHER IF YOU DECIDE TO DO SO.(DONT LET THE CLOCK RUN OUT ON THE REMAINING 3 ISSUES). I SENT MY NOD ON MY DENIAL OF SEPT.10,2010 ON SEPT. 16, 2010 AND AS OF TODAY AFTER REPEATED REQUESTS HAVE NOT RECIEVED( NADA) NOTHING. SO LAST WEEK I CALLED THE OIG IN WASHINGTON, DC. TO FILE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT AND WAS TOLD THAT AS OF FEB.2011 OAKLAND RO HAD 6480 CLAIMS ON APPEAL. I WAS ALSO GIVEN THE DIRECT FAX NUMBER TO THE VETERAN SERVICE CENTER MANAGER AT OAKLAND RO WHERE I FAXED AND MAILED FORM 21-4138 DIRECTLY STATING MY INTENT TO FILE A " WRIT OF MANADUMS" FOR FAILURE OF "DUE PROCESS PREMISED ON UNTIMELY DELAYS". IF NO REPLY IN 30DAYS I WILL FILE THAT WRIT. I MIGHT NOT SUCEED ON GETTING THAT ORDER BUT AT THIS POINT I FEEL I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE AS IN 7 WEEKS MY 1 YEAR ROLLS AROUND (SEPT.16 2011). HANG IN THERE BROTHER ,WE MUST CONTINUE THIS FIGHT FOR ALL VETERANS.

I have a VSO, and rely on her to make sure no deadlines pass and often contact her... I still don't know why I only got an SOC for 3 and not the other 3, no one knows.. and since the dro isn't telling anyone anything.. there isn't much I can do.. 8 months has gone by..

in another thread I posted that I sent a letter requesting my case docket be moved up due to life threatening chronic illness. Let's see if that helps.. but of course finding out might take a while longer... everyoneis dragging their ass... I could rant here, but won't help you guys any..

retiredat 44:

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH OAKLAND RO. AT LEAST YOU HAVE HAD A DRO HEARING AND YOUR SOC SUPPLIED TO YOU SO THAT YOU CAN ADVANCE YOUR APPEAL FUTHER IF YOU DECIDE TO DO SO.(DONT LET THE CLOCK RUN OUT ON THE REMAINING 3 ISSUES). I SENT MY NOD ON MY DENIAL OF SEPT.10,2010 ON SEPT. 16, 2010 AND AS OF TODAY AFTER REPEATED REQUESTS HAVE NOT RECIEVED( NADA) NOTHING. SO LAST WEEK I CALLED THE OIG IN WASHINGTON, DC. TO FILE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT AND WAS TOLD THAT AS OF FEB.2011 OAKLAND RO HAD 6480 CLAIMS ON APPEAL. I WAS ALSO GIVEN THE DIRECT FAX NUMBER TO THE VETERAN SERVICE CENTER MANAGER AT OAKLAND RO WHERE I FAXED AND MAILED FORM 21-4138 DIRECTLY STATING MY INTENT TO FILE A " WRIT OF MANADUMS" FOR FAILURE OF "DUE PROCESS PREMISED ON UNTIMELY DELAYS". IF NO REPLY IN 30DAYS I WILL FILE THAT WRIT. I MIGHT NOT SUCEED ON GETTING THAT ORDER BUT AT THIS POINT I FEEL I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE AS IN 7 WEEKS MY 1 YEAR ROLLS AROUND (SEPT.16 2011). HANG IN THERE BROTHER ,WE MUST CONTINUE THIS FIGHT FOR ALL VETERANS.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use