VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Do Voc Rehab

Rate this question

ATVer

Question

I'm 40% S/C right now. I was wondering if i should enroll into voc rehab? I haven't worked since the end of 07, ptsd gets the best of me on a daily basis. I honestly don't think it will help me. I've applied for IU, got denied that, but have an appeal in. Any advice?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm 40% S/C right now. I was wondering if i should enroll into voc rehab? I haven't worked since the end of 07, ptsd gets the best of me on a daily basis. I honestly don't think it will help me. I've applied for IU, got denied that, but have an appeal in. Any advice?

What could it hurt ?

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get rejected by Voc Rehab that will help your IU claim. If not you get training and education. That can't hurt.

Ditto on what carlie & John said. Also, if your approved for schooling, they will pay you extra money a month while attending. What's also nice about it is you can get dental care as if your 100%. But like John said, if they think your unemployable, that would help your appeal for TDIU. Either way it'll be beneficial. How are you making it not working since 07, are you on SSDI or retirement?

I would echo the same thing the rest are saying. If you think you can do it go for it. I was in Voc rehab for a couple of years until my health started to go downhill. I was declared infeasible for employment, and like the others said that was a major factor in deciding my TDIU claim. I was 40% like you and was bumped up to 80% based on that. Good Luck.

/doc