VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Does Voc Rehab Take

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

once you go the the breifing and are found to be entitled for it what or how long does it take to get set up at the school.

what is the protocal. i am signed up at a tech school i just dont know what happens after that.

thanks

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

can i get some more detailed info for voc rehab. like timeline info ect. I will have my entitlement appt on the 17th can you give me an idea once we do hat apt what happens. HE told me to bring in my info for job exploration which I will have and my dd214. Please advise

• HadIt.com Elder

CM,

It has been a long time since I went through Voc Rehab, but it was quick( within 2 weeks) once I was found eligible. You also need to talk to a counselor at the Tech School that knows about the VA programs in case they drag their feet on payment to the School, also take any papers from the school to show your starting date and hourly count to your VA appointment.

Voc Rehab is the best program going IMO, I wasn't even allowed to buy a pencil....I would just go get what I needed at the book store and sign a receipt. Keep your grades in check and your enrollment up to date along with appointments with the VA Rehab.......things go smooth, or at least they used to.

I became eligible for VocRehab in Sept 06, and was in school for the next semester. Like JR says it is usually pretty quick once you have done the interview and testing. I think all thats next is you turning in your program of study, as long as its approved you will get a letter from them telling you how much you are going to receive each month based on your hours of study. I don't know if you are aware of this but you also are eligible for dental care while you are in school. Good Luck. I agree with JR it is a great program and a great opportunity for vets.

/doc

• HadIt.com Elder

It is a good deal for the government as well. If they can rehab a vet who is getting 70% to where he can now work and make good money then they will not have to pay him 100% one day and support his wife and kids forever. If you get a job making 100,000 bucks a year that is a lot better than compensation, and the government gets taxes.

I have been to the testing I meet with my counselor on the 17th. If I have my class schedule and all that from school I am wondering what's next and how long does it take for you sub allowance to start after u start school. I start on the 22nd. We will be doing my plan on wed. If I need a camera will the get it and a cp for me. How is that covered. they dont give you much info. they are very vague here.