VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This A&a Eligibile

Rate this topic

That is a good point as to the impact on any NSCs.

I applied a year ago for accrued A & A under Nehmer.

Up to that point I didn't get involved in A & A questions here because I really didn't understand the A & A regulations.

I went over the regs many times and then could refer VA to the specific medical evidence that warranted a posthumous A & A award.

Most A & A veterans have a caretaker, the spouse or maybe have a relative or friend who helps them with some of their daily needs.

The VA will consider any type of caretaker statements for A & A claims.

Since I was a caretaker,I could state how my husband fell into some of the A & A criteria (the vet does not have to fall into every part of the criteria)

and I also enclose documented evidence from VA and SSA that supported his need for A & A.

He could not be left alone for more then a few minutes without being a danger to himself and others.

Also he could not handle tools, change, phone, PC ,nor sign his pown name well after the stroke. This is the type pof stuff VA considers as well as help with dressing, bathing, etc etc.

Some BVA A & A cases gave me a good idea how to prepare and support my A & A claim.

i have gone ahead and applied for smc aid and attendance. the county veterans service counselor thought their might be a possibility the va will award without examination since i received a&a with my pension and i have had a home healthcare aide for over 4 years (at va expense) who bathes me, cooks for me, cleans my house and sometimes dresses me. obviously nothing is a slam dunk until the va makes a determination. but if necessary, do you think a detailed statement from my nurses aide is a necessity for this claim? thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic