• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    bellastar

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I have been going to Tallahassee eye clinic for at least 10 years, they won't mail mine either or pay me travel when I pick them up.  I just don't pick them up until I am going to be there for another appointment.  If you end up finding out otherwise, I would love to know. I receive 3 pairs a year for free (single vision, bifocals and polarized sunglasses)  I would love to have them mailed to me because often they don't even come in together even when they are ordered together.  
    • Comments will close at 11:59 Eastern Time tonight July 25th. 162,466 so far You dont have to give any contact info and some there are Anonymous comments as well “and other related health care services.” How will this affect PTSD veterans getting therapy from VA?????? How will this even affect their initial diagnosis???? Will an APRN be able to diagnose PTSD or not ,in spite of the 2010 PTSD regulations? Every time VA proposes a new rule or regulation there is often more to it than meets the eye.        
    • Not unusual. In the way back, maybe pre 2010, all kinds of great things were provided by the IL Dept. Check out what Ask NOD recently got Awarded on Appeal. Big Axx Greenhouse! Alas, that is no more. I'm on my 2nd run at the IL dept, 1st was in mid 14 and just recently had 1st appointment for 02/16  IL filing. The Voc Rehab Councilor, who is also the IL Program Councilor, spent just about the entire session telling me what the IL Program couldn't provide. Not too much about what it could provide. Will just have to see how this pans out. You may have to be somewhat circumspect in what your trying to get. It's not advisable to alienate the IL Councilor, in the very beginning, I did that back in 14. Semper Fi
    • Well, Had my first appt. with the counselor David Young at Togus. Asked for a Wood working Shop. Young stated that the VA does not build buildings. This counselor is in the wrong business,  he should have been a used car salesman. He is lacking in social skills. He gave me a pile of paperwork to bring home and fill out.   David
    • That is Good advice! I mentioned this before but when my husband died one of his pending claims was for a higher PTSD rating. SSDI had awarded him solely for PTSD, and we sent them that information and the 21-22  authorization form for one of his pending claims. Yet all of the psychiatric test results, hypnosis treatments , anger therapy etc etc from his new PTSD doctor never got to the VARO  although his shrink said he sent it all to them.He gave me copies of the records and again sent them to VA itself, mentioning I had shown him the veteran's PTSD award from SSDI as well (they ignored the SSDI award until they got his letter, lying to my Senator and Congressman that SSA had refused to honor the records request.It was a LIE. They could have gotten the SSA records in his lifetime, I called SSA in Baltimore only to learn they never had any request at all fom Buffalo RO.)and within a very short time frame, they awarded 100% P & T for PTSD--- posthumously---almost three years after his death.   My point is read the Evidence list and do as Inarticulate and distorted said....if something is missing from your medical records make sure you get what is missing.( or maybe  not 'missing' but being deliberately ignored by the RO)  

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCORPIO

Authorization Review

6 posts in this topic

my va claim was closed on june 1, 2011 and went to authorization review but never got any letter or notification, what is going on?

Good morning, and welcome!

Have you checked "Letter Generator" in eBenefits? Also, you could try the 800 number or submit an IRIS question re: the status of this claim. If you get through on the 800, you may get a quicker response, but IRIS may provide a more accurate response.

Have you checked "Letter Generator" in eBenefits? Also, you could try the 800 number or submit an IRIS question re: the status of this claim. If you get through on the 800, you may get a quicker response, but IRIS may provide a more accurate response.

yes, i've been checking everyday and there is no luck. i called the 800# and i was told that it will be a while. i wonder how long is that " a while". By the way, i forgot to mention that i filed two claims at the same time, one is for severe sleep apnea and one for gouty arthritis on my left foot. I was already rated 20% ( 10% each foot for hallux valgus with bunnions). i just wonder if there a nexus between hallux valgus with bunnions and gouty arthritis.

yes, i checked the letter generator in ebenefits and there is nothing showing. also i called the 800# last july 27 and i was told that they are going to send an inquiry through IRIS to the case manager and still no response.

Another call to the 800 # asking them specifically about the July 27th IRIS request someone at #800 made might get a better answer.

I will humbly suggest you do not even try to track the exact stage your claim is in. I have seen others do so, and it is rarely, if ever, productive. While you do need to "stay on top" of your claim, as well as monitor "if its moving at all, or if it is DOA", to expend a lot of energy on worrying in what stage your claim is in is highly unlikely to be productive, and can even be "counter productive".

Yes, I know people online say claims "are worked in the order recieved", but I do not beleive it. How can you explain one Veterans claim being done in a few months, while another Vets takes 10 years? This "wide disparity" of claim times is not an aberration..the VA even tracks claims that have gone over 125 days, tho I have no clue why, because they dont do anything about it if yours is one that has gone over 125 days. A few RO's do send out letters, "Were sorry your claim is taking so long but we are working on it". I wish they would save the postage.

I recommend taking a hobby. Fishing, camping, grandkids, golf, chess, running, sex, and not necessarily in that order, are all good alternates to worrying about your claim.

I do think if your claim has not moved in 18 months you should consider drastic action.

Even if most VA employees model themselves after Mother Teresea, like pro VA people claim, there are some who are not above putting a complaining Veterans claim at the bottom of the pile or even in an unused file cabinet. (More than one VA employee has been caught stashing Vets claims in unused file cabinets to make their bosses think they are working). Do you want your claim in an unused file cabinet in the boiler room, useful for mice as bedding? The only thing necessary to do this is to say something to irritate the wrong VA employee. How do I know this? Lets put it this way: In 2002, I told the VA I was unemployed due to SC conditions, and my TDIU claim has not been adjuticated yet, no, not the FIRST time!