This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Fully Developed Cue
      I thought this vet was DXed and hospitalized for bi polar 5 months after discharge. PTSD isn't the issue, the EED for it is.
    • Gulf War undiagnose illnesses and Chronic multisymptoms
      I'll try Pat992 and Buck and also read everything and anything K5one. This is going on year 5. Thank you all for your input.   Moving Forward
    • How does one continue ?
      How do you request your C-File. I never requested a C-File. I guess I need too. I might need to get a claims lawyer too.  
    • My husband died in motorcycle accident
      I just got 6 pages of the autopsy report I believe, but no heart slides or anything.  The lawyers office were saying that the IMO written by Dr. Gordon was really good and that they don't usually see a doctor write 6 pages. They asked me if I paid her and I said no the American Legion had her write it.  They said that their fee is higher because they don't take on a lot of workload. The lady from the law firm I talked to said they have a 90% successful rate.  It sounded like they might not suggest a new IMO but I don't know for sure. I will have to see what they say once they take a look at everything.
    • Veterans First Act
      This is yet another example of the VA using the "divide and conquer" tactic.  If veterans are fighting with each other, then they have less time and energy to fight the VA.  Look at the various GI Bills.  Some quite generous and others like for VN veterans were close to useless.  The NSOs participate in this also. IAVA vs VVA  VFW vs AL etc. etc. ............. I don't agree with the bill as written, but it doesn't surprise me at all.
    • DRO hearing
      Gee, you could have whipped out that CUE at the hearing. It is a violation of 38 CFR 4.6. I do see your point however. I feel ,if they admit to the CUE, that then it might be proper for you to have a C & P exam if they request one then, to insure a proper rating but based on the info here , the rep is right and they should go Cue Themselves! I used a 1997 medical opinion to succeed not only on my SMC CUE and improper CVA ratings but also used it last year for a 1151 HBP award. The medical opinion came from the VA itself ( VACO) and I was afraid they might say it was no longer relevant because it was an old opinion and the veteran they 1151ed on (my husband) has been dead for over 20 years. But I found the same top VA cardio doc still worked at VACO and I saved the contact info in case I needed it. Instead they denied by ignoring that opinion completely with a bogus medical opinion and then reversed themselves immediately when I filed CUE under 38 CFR 4.6 on them via email to the Director of the Buffalo VARO. CUE involves established medical evidence. Your IMO is established medical evidence. I am sure from what I see here that they don't have any established medical evidence to show that your condition will somehow be cured or even improved to any degree. . Your rep and their supervisor are on the ball!      
    • Confused --- what am I covered for?
      You can choose whether to go to VAMC for medical care, or to get it privately with your insurance.   There are advantages of both.   With VAMC, depending on your income/disabilty percentages, you will have little or no copay. With private care, you are likely to get better care, quicker, but may have to pay co pays and or deductables depending on your insurance.   Now, if you apply for and are awarded VA benefits, then you could get compensated (pay per month) and you could get an increase if the disabilty gets worse down the road.   Your best choice is probably to appeal your denial, which you do by filing a NOD on the VA's NOD form, that is, if you dispute their decision.  Most Vets are denied the first go around and have to appeal, often several appeals, to win their benefits.  A RO denial does not necessarily mean you dont deserve benefits, it often means VA employees are lazy and did not get your records, or shredded pertinent evidence.  
    • Fully Developed Cue
      If you were hospitalized for PTSD within 5 months after discharge, its gonna be a hard sell for VA to sell the judge something "other than service" caused your PTSD.   Of course, military service is not the only trauma that causes PTSD.  Being a victim of a crime, auto accidents, lots of stuff can cause PTSD, not just military service.   But, when you seek treatment for a malady within a year of service, that malady is presumed to be caused by service, absent your entrance physical noting the malady.   If you are healthy going into service, and have PTSD within a year of exit, then that means you got it in service, that is, SC.  
    • Fully Developed Cue
      I forgot to mention his initial manifestation in service of bi polar was the brig incident. It was so out of character and unusual that the Navy, in those days, didn't have a clue on any BP disorders and kept him in the brig for a few days until he realized that he was not an Admiral and couldn't be giving the sailors ridiculous orders. He was shocked when other sailors described his behavior to him. After service he returned to some sort of CEO job he had pre service but found himself in a mental hospital not long after that, for another  exuberant manifestation. Their DX was bi polar.  
    • Sleep Apnea Granted
      I wondered, but still we get new guys in here, too.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCORPIO

Authorization Review

6 posts in this topic

my va claim was closed on june 1, 2011 and went to authorization review but never got any letter or notification, what is going on?

Good morning, and welcome!

Have you checked "Letter Generator" in eBenefits? Also, you could try the 800 number or submit an IRIS question re: the status of this claim. If you get through on the 800, you may get a quicker response, but IRIS may provide a more accurate response.

Have you checked "Letter Generator" in eBenefits? Also, you could try the 800 number or submit an IRIS question re: the status of this claim. If you get through on the 800, you may get a quicker response, but IRIS may provide a more accurate response.

yes, i've been checking everyday and there is no luck. i called the 800# and i was told that it will be a while. i wonder how long is that " a while". By the way, i forgot to mention that i filed two claims at the same time, one is for severe sleep apnea and one for gouty arthritis on my left foot. I was already rated 20% ( 10% each foot for hallux valgus with bunnions). i just wonder if there a nexus between hallux valgus with bunnions and gouty arthritis.

yes, i checked the letter generator in ebenefits and there is nothing showing. also i called the 800# last july 27 and i was told that they are going to send an inquiry through IRIS to the case manager and still no response.

Another call to the 800 # asking them specifically about the July 27th IRIS request someone at #800 made might get a better answer.

I will humbly suggest you do not even try to track the exact stage your claim is in. I have seen others do so, and it is rarely, if ever, productive. While you do need to "stay on top" of your claim, as well as monitor "if its moving at all, or if it is DOA", to expend a lot of energy on worrying in what stage your claim is in is highly unlikely to be productive, and can even be "counter productive".

Yes, I know people online say claims "are worked in the order recieved", but I do not beleive it. How can you explain one Veterans claim being done in a few months, while another Vets takes 10 years? This "wide disparity" of claim times is not an aberration..the VA even tracks claims that have gone over 125 days, tho I have no clue why, because they dont do anything about it if yours is one that has gone over 125 days. A few RO's do send out letters, "Were sorry your claim is taking so long but we are working on it". I wish they would save the postage.

I recommend taking a hobby. Fishing, camping, grandkids, golf, chess, running, sex, and not necessarily in that order, are all good alternates to worrying about your claim.

I do think if your claim has not moved in 18 months you should consider drastic action.

Even if most VA employees model themselves after Mother Teresea, like pro VA people claim, there are some who are not above putting a complaining Veterans claim at the bottom of the pile or even in an unused file cabinet. (More than one VA employee has been caught stashing Vets claims in unused file cabinets to make their bosses think they are working). Do you want your claim in an unused file cabinet in the boiler room, useful for mice as bedding? The only thing necessary to do this is to say something to irritate the wrong VA employee. How do I know this? Lets put it this way: In 2002, I told the VA I was unemployed due to SC conditions, and my TDIU claim has not been adjuticated yet, no, not the FIRST time!