VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Video Conference Vs Board

Rate this question

avis

Question

i am wondering if there would be a difference if i went before the traveling board or just to have a video conference....i need some help with this because i am unsure of the difference besides the in-person aspect of it

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Been a long time but if I remember correctly the Video is usually faster than traveling board.

This needs to be verified.

My VSO told me the BVA will use the audio recording that was made at my DRO hearing..

Not true. If that was the case, why would they need a traveling board.

My VSO told me the BVA will use the audio recording that was made at my DRO hearing..

Pete is correct. What I understand is, by the time the traveling board reaches your area after spending time at the other areas, it could be a while. Unless of course, its scheduled to be in your area fairly soon.

As far as the difference between the two, I can only say that a lot of vets would prefer face to face and look at them straight in the eye's when they present their case verses video. Others here who's had experience with this might chime in with their opinions as well.

Pete is correct. What I understand is, by the time the traveling board reaches your area after spending time at the other areas, it could be a while. Unless of course, its scheduled to be in your area fairly soon.

As far as the difference between the two, I can only say that a lot of vets would prefer face to face and look at them straight in the eye's when they present their case verses video. Others here who's had experience with this might chime in with their opinions as well.

those people who never had a dro hearing would not have any transcripts or tape, so you would have to go to a bva hearing or tape one..... regardless, that is the answer my American Legion VSO gave me.. I pressed her on her answer and she re-stated it as fact that they would use the tape that was recorded and transcripts from my dro hearing. So, if you just go from NOD-to-form 9-to-BVA.... (no dro hearing, there would be no tape (audio, vidual, transcripts). So apparently, when my time for the BVA comes around, they already have my transcipts and audio tape.

MY form 9 requested a video hearing, but that request was made before I had my dro hearing...(but asked for the dro hearing a few months after my form 9 request was sent to the BVA, as the dro hearing was an after thought, I only learning about it after and decided not to miss the chance to pass up that opportunity) again, The BVA will use my audio tapes, transcripts, when they get to me...

when I asked her I could not have been more clear, and more demanding of clarification...

So, it appear They will not have a video of me, only audio...

If I ever find out differently, I will post any new info... whenever that day comes...

(DRO hearing was Dec 8, 2010). Only got an soc for 3 out of 6 issues,, the major issues are the ones that never got a decision... (waiting.. for dro hearing decsion on those 3 issues).

originally My first form 9 (for bva hearing request) was sent in I think around June 2010. Maybe before that, hard to remember,, my brain is fried...

Edited by retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

May be another subject but the vast number of DRO reviews do not involve a Hearing. You have to ask for a Hearing and most Veterans don't know that. If you had a DRO hearing the tapes would just be a part of your record.