VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Video Conference Vs Board

Rate this question

avis

Question

i am wondering if there would be a difference if i went before the traveling board or just to have a video conference....i need some help with this because i am unsure of the difference besides the in-person aspect of it

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

does the bva or someone at the VA actually notify a vet when their case goes before the BVA? Or do you just get notified when decisions are made? Does your VSO also get notified,? if so at the same time as you, before after, any more info on events??

thanx..

• HadIt.com Elder

Retired

If you just ask BVA to review the VARO decision you get the decision from BVA in about 2 years. If you ask for a hearing you get the hearing date and location before the decision.

They just brought up this conversation on the radio show..

just sayin'

I wish I had more to add.. but I don't know anything more than I am told and learn from this forum, my vso, my experiences at the VA and the radio show..

Edited by retiredat44

retired

This was one of the reasons I called in. When they started talking about Dro reviews, the first thing that came to mind was this conversation with you. So now I'm set straight as far as the Dro audio tapes going to BVA. So your SO was correct on that. So you can go ahead and say I told you so!.ha.

I also got straight on how the traveling board is set up as far as visiting dates with the RO's.

Coot

well, I stil got confused because, I thought it was supposed to be a BVA video hearing (as requested by me and my VSO on my form 9),, so if they just give them my audio tapes, there will not be a video. I asked my vso and said the video will not longer be necessary, they will just use the audio.... that is what confused me.. still nor ock solid answer..

as long as I win,,, I am frakkin tired and worried about dying anyways.... and possibly dying before they quit jerking me..

Edited by retiredat44

If a claimant has had a DRO Hearing on an issue and this same issue

is advanced to the BVA level to continue with the Appeal,

then the ENTIRE C-FILE will get transferred to the BVA and be included

in the record for consideration - this should include the tape

(or most likely written transcript) of the DRO Hearing.

I do not know how much consideration it will be given but I believe at a minimum,

it would be reviewed for (at least) procedural defects.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you do have a BVA Hearing, whether

1) you travel (you bear the cost for this) to Washington for the hearing

2) it's a video hearing (audio and video) with you at your RO and the BVA judge in washington - linked together

3) you attend the hearing at your RO - face to face with the judge that traveled from Washington

once you separate from that judge - a bunch of lawyers decide your claim issue/s

and all the judge does is take a look-see at the decisions these lawyers have written

and the judge MIGHT question or change something, and then sign off on it.

SEE BELOW :

http://www.va.gov/ve...es4/1039949.txt

REPRESENTATION

Appellant represented by: Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A.

WITNESS AT HEARING ON APPEAL

Appellant

ATTORNEY FOR THE BOARDT. Mainelli, Counsel

The actual judge that signed off is : JOHN J. CROWLEY - Veterans Law Judge, Board of Veterans' Appeals

*** I'm just posting this to let other's know that YES - the BVA judge actually sees your facebut once you separate - the lawyers that write the decision, have no human connection.I am not in anyway suggesting to not request a hearing.This is all and only my opinion.Ultimately each individual person's claim is up to them.