VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Meds By Mail Still Sucks.

Rate this topic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Starting in June 1991 the VA has consistently prescribed 4 x 1 mg of xanax to me. Except when they mess up the prescription has been continuous. When I don't get the xanax I suffer withdrawal which includes hyper anxiety and for me mistrust of all things VA.

I am pretty sure that without the prescription for xanax I would have a lot of panic attacks and other complications including not being a nice PaPa to my grand kids. I have figured that the xanax is like the kettle lid to a boiling pot. It keeps most of the outbursts and explosions bottled in and also prevents going to the complete panic mode most of the time.

I am thinking that instead of trusting the nincompoops at the VA I ought to see a shrink at my HMO and get a prescription for xanax to supplement the VA. I do plan to write a long complaint letter about this but to who. I like Notorious Kelly's idea of IG but I don't think other than an after the fact brush off nothing really would happen.

A few months ago the Post Office delivered my drugs to another house and several times I have gotten other Veterans meds, I have also had multiple instances of failed or late deliveries and the Post Office is saying that they will probably take a couple of more days to deliver mail.

If my HMO Doc prescribes a medication I can pick it up in 20 minutes or even have it delivered. I would be willing to have my son drive me to VA to pick up my meds but no that is not allowed.

I know that many here have good experiences with meds by mail but this is one Veteran who has not. The funny thing is I can make it without hydrocodone but not the xanax.

• HadIt.com Elder

Update

I called the VA and asked for tracking number and they asked why. I told the man that I did not trust anything the VA said but at least with a tracking number I would know something was mailed.He said it was mailed yesterday but I checked the tracking number and it says mailed today so I guess I will get it Friday or Saturday.

Everyone I talked to at VA lied to me. Why do they do that?

• HadIt.com Elder

xanax is very addictive just like valium and even clonazepam. If you stop taking it suddenly you will have some mean withdrawal symptoms. These include, for me, insomnia and being anxious as hell. If I could I would get a secondary source of the xanax. Just don't tell the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Did not get here in today's mail but with tracking number I knew that. I am not going to the VA tomorrow since I did get tracking number and learn on internet that I was lied to 4 times and the VA has failed miserably to deliver meds timely and to aid me when I had a problem.

I expect them tomorrow but could be Saturday as I now have to depend on US Post Office in Dallas which is not reassuring either.