VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Meds By Mail Still Sucks.

Rate this topic

Pete, Do you take the xanax everyday? The reason I ask is my Dr (civ) told me I shouldn't take it with the 100mg of morphine and oxycodone together. But I have been anyway.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get prescriptions for Codeine and oxycodone. Whenever it gets renewed by mail, it takes over 2 weeks or more. The doc supposedly sends the "hard copy" (for narcotics) and the pharmacy then fills it. In the past, it has taken a week or more for the Doc to send to VA the "hard copy" or the pharmacy a week or more to fill. Very frustating. If I ask to deliver the "hard copy" myself to the pharmacy, I have to drive 40 some miles to Spokane Wa. and take a number and wait 10 minutes or so just to drop off the copy(they won't just let you hand it to a pharmacy tech). Then another 1/2 hour or more wait and 40 miles home.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hopefully one of these days it will get fixed but I am not optimistic. Still no meds but I plan to ride it out as my HMO Doc came through for me and I have a 7 day supply. Of course I should have had them last Friday.

The VA will not allow me to walk in and get meds that they have not even sent yet. Even when they have flubbed the dub. They also insist in lying which is an issue I plan to take up with the Inspector General.

• HadIt.com Elder

First-Class Mail®

Shipment Accepted

September 15, 2011, 4:02 pm

NASHVILLE, TN 37229

Expected Delivery By:

September 19, 2011

Delivery Confirmation

Processed through Sort Facility

September 15, 2011, 2:42 pm

NASHVILLE, TN 37227

Electronic Shipping Info Received

September 15, 2011

Dirty Bastards Nine Days Late

Edited by Pete53
Add Comment

• HadIt.com Elder

I feel for you Pete since my pain meds were 7 days late including the mailing. Every month I wonder how late they will be or even if they will get there at all. I have to mail a renewal sheet in every month to get these drugs. If it gets lost or misplaced at the VA I am hurting. Now I have to go in for re-evaluation on the pain meds. I guess they want to see if I am selling them. I can't sell what I don't have.

I have been getting my medications from VA by mail since the last of 2006. I use My Health Vet for refills. Without hardly any problems.

The renewal block that has to be checked for me to a get the medication refilled. With exception of my Fentanyl patches.The block to check for my Fentanyl does not come up to be checked like the rest of my medications. Since Fentanly is one of drugs that the federal government states. This is one of the medications that can not have any refills on a prescription. A new prescription has to be written every month by your doctor. I was told to always call Prescription Refill by phone 7 to 10 days before my prescription for Fentanyl was due.

I call Prescription Refill on the first or second of the month.I have them to send my doctor a note to write a new prescription for my Fentanyl. Make sure he or she is there not on vacation or some other place. If your doctor is not there have them to contact someone that will write a new prescription. My doctor has a new prescription within one or two days discounting weekends and holidays.I receive my medication around the 11th or 12th by 10:30 am. It is always sent next day delivery. .So if your doctor does not write a new prescription every month without being reminded for medications on the federal list. You may want to. I know we should not have to call. But it is easier to call them, than run out. Withdrawals suck

My Hydrocodone prescription can show refills. So I have no problem with it.

Since I wrote this I will probably start having a lot of trouble.