VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue For Ptsd Claim?

Rate this question

usmcman001

Question

Question-

I had put in a claim for PTSD in early 08 and the claim was closed in Oct 08 for no supporting documents. I am a combat vet with a Combat action ribbon etc. I recieved a letter that stated they needed more evidence and what not. I sent in letters from fmily memebers and friends I was in the service with supporting statements of PTSD. I never was diagnosed with PTSD by the VA. In that fact I never went to the doc at all. After I sent in info About a month later I recieved another letter asking for more documents. I replied with no more information to provide. Shortly after I was denied for PTSD.

I currently have a open claim for PTSD again and was diagnosed by the psych with PTSD. Now just waiting to a rating from VBA. My question is should my claim from 08 been closed so quick and should they have gave me a C&P before a decision? I am trying to see if what I should do and if this a CUE. Also is there anyway to get back dated to that time since I was diagnosed with PTSD for this claim? Thanks

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

No c and P exam. That tells me that they avoided giving you the exam because it would have resulted in a diagnosis. Fair play isn't it.

Of course proving that would be near to impossible.

I would wait until you are awarded then I would discuss it with an attorney like VetLawyers. Sounds like it can have some substance but Cues are a very strange thing with a lot of hurdles to jump over.

J

The VA doesn't usually schedule a C & P exam for claims with no evidence or diagnosis. In this case they were correct in denying your claim. If you nowhave evidence and can link it to your service then you will get approved .

Claire I am 10% for tinnitus and 0% for bilateral compartment syndrome. Was denied for hearing loss in 05. Going to reopen claim and get another audiogram.

NSA here is the funny thing. Like I posted below I have a open claim as we speak for PTSD again. I was given a C&P by the VA and never requested it. They called 4 days prior to appt. I would have thought they would have done the same for previous claim. I have a Combat action ribbon and campaign medals for AO's I was in.

I am working with a rep from DAV and he looked into it slightly and said it was denoed for no evidence. Well no crap I knew that. He kinda acted as if it wasnt worth going back to see more info on case and see if there was CUE. Just thinking that if I am diagnosed now with it I had it beofre so they should back date monies owed. I know this is far from easy but makes since to me. Thanks for replys.

Claire I am 10% for tinnitus and 0% for bilateral compartment syndrome. Was denied for hearing loss in 05. Going to reopen claim and get another audiogram.

NSA here is the funny thing. Like I posted below I have a open claim as we speak for PTSD again. I was given a C&P by the VA and never requested it. They called 4 days prior to appt. I would have thought they would have done the same for previous claim. I have a Combat action ribbon and campaign medals for AO's I was in.

I am working with a rep from DAV and he looked into it slightly and said it was denoed for no evidence. Well no crap I knew that. He kinda acted as if it wasnt worth going back to see more info on case and see if there was CUE. Just thinking that if I am diagnosed now with it I had it beofre so they should back date monies owed. I know this is far from easy but makes since to me. Thanks for replys.

Ok,, here is the straight poop as cI see it. The first order is to get your claim for PTSD approved now. You can do research for a possibly CUE later, but the most important matter at hand is to follow thru by requesting a copy of your records and the C & P report. The C & P report will tell you where you stand on your claim.