• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Wertle

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I attached the the IME, "Ellis VA IMO redacted" to my post.  Im SC for tinnitus.   I have a current NOD in for a previous claim for sleep apnea secondary to psychotic mood disorder and PTSD. They denied everything without any C&P exams. Will my new FDC suffer because of the NOD already in the system? Looking forward to your thoughts on my IME
    • T-89031, if you have the (1) SC at 100% SC, all by itself, with no other SC's combined for the 60% for a Statutory SMC S (1), the only other way to get to the Housebound SMC is with a Physician's completion of the VA Housebound/aid & Attendance application form, it's not an automatic award. When you have a chance, review the 09/28/16 VAOIG Report that Buck referenced. The SMC S (1) over-payments as well as under-payments will make your head spin. See VBMS 11-0 issued 06/17/2016, VA Rating Staff Directive regarding, rater must consider all Claims where a single condition is rated as 100%, for Statutory SMC S (1). Semper Fi
    • Gastone........it is 30% sc allergy, 10% sc sinus......also had deviated septum surgery (1970) while on active duty and another again at Dallas VAMC in 2007.   The 10% on sinus is also on NOD claim for increase to 30%.. I had mild OSA in 2006 and blew it off as told I was overweight and told to lose weight before they would do anything else first........I did just that and elected to have lap band surgery and it dropped my weight by 50 pounds by 2007, and nothing else happened with Neurology so I figured all was good then and let the OSA slide...........but then wife noted that my non-breathing episodes were now increasing and longer in duration in 2015, so she convinced me to go have another sleep study done last November and this one it came up as moderate OSA, and I had not gained any weight back at all.  I have been on CPAP since December 2.  Since I am on CPAP now, I have filed a NOD for OSA based on sc aggravation due to allergies, sinus, and having deviated septum surgery. I was rejected on my first try because I was not on CPAP when I filed.  
    • I have also been told to bring my CPAP in every sleep visit I have. Yes they do use it to monitor your breathing issues and if you don't use it they do hold that against you to evaluate your condition getting worse. You have to understand that not using your CPAP will decrease your chances of a good nights rest but what about insomnia. Yes you do feel rested for the first hour or two but that only means if you are active. If not active and work at a desk then I'll give your rested feeling around 30 minutes top. My opinion is if your goal is to get good sleep use the CPAP, if your goal is not to feel sleepy throughout the day seek out a neurologist  for further diagnoses.   You know one of the presumptive issues is insomnia.
    • Good morning. I filed a FDC and submitted all of my documents supporting the claims. I looked for a status update on EBENEFITS yesterday and it states that the documents requested are overdue. When I look at the tab that has what documents they need for my claim it says there is none requested. I did receive my initial letter from them and there were no records that they requested from me. Is this normal?

jokerwaswild

C& P Exam Results For Ptsd

6 posts in this topic

Here are my results from the C& P exam for PTSD. Also, it was mentioned in the report about previous consults before deployment to Gulf, which is not true. Some how, someone else's document got placed in my medical records. I do not recall visiting a mental health doctor during that time. Also, I notice how the examinar took the dates from the "discreptency document" and placed in narative. Do ot know how much weight this will carry for claim; however, I will write a letter and send it to the RO disputing document. My claim is still in the developmental stage, according to ebenfits.

Thanks,

Joker

post-11875-0-82985000-1319000653_thumb.j

post-11875-0-60768500-1319000662_thumb.j

post-11875-0-34109600-1319000672_thumb.j

post-11875-0-08448700-1319000682_thumb.j

post-11875-0-55454800-1319000691_thumb.j

post-11875-0-85094400-1319000700_thumb.j

post-11875-0-22329700-1319000710_thumb.j

post-11875-0-66605200-1319000719_thumb.j

post-11875-0-24398100-1319000727_thumb.j

post-11875-0-95191600-1319000737_thumb.j

post-11875-0-21004200-1319000748_thumb.j

post-11875-0-74873000-1319000757_thumb.j

post-11875-0-87656600-1319000770_thumb.j

post-11875-0-51773100-1319000782_thumb.j

post-11875-0-34257700-1319000793_thumb.j

post-11875-0-92313300-1319002502_thumb.j

Edited by jokerwaswild

Still trying to obtain a copy of my PTSD C&P Exam. Had mine done outside the VA by QTC and getting a copy of it is proving very hard. Wish mine was done at a VA Hospital...getting a copy would be so much easier. I assume yours was done at a VA facility? If it wasn't, any secret you can pass along on how to get a copy would be appreciated. I am being represented by the DAV and they put in a FOIA request for it but still waiting...

Good luck with your claim. There will be good days and tough days ahead but try to stay positive and keep fighting for what you've earned! I'm with you brother...

LC

Hey LC, thanks for reponding. I waited about two months and went to the release of records section of my VA hospital . It took about three week for all my records to come. I was shocked how fast they came back. I was also shocked that when my medical records came so did both of my C& P evaluations. I am glad my records came because someone placed a file in my medical records that was mentioned in my C&P exam. It was a mental health consult that was not mine. Any way thats how I did it, go to Release of information section of your VA and request C&P results and medical records.

Good luck,

Joker

Still trying to obtain a copy of my PTSD C&P Exam. Had mine done outside the VA by QTC and getting a copy of it is proving very hard. Wish mine was done at a VA Hospital...getting a copy would be so much easier. I assume yours was done at a VA facility? If it wasn't, any secret you can pass along on how to get a copy would be appreciated. I am being represented by the DAV and they put in a FOIA request for it but still waiting...

Good luck with your claim. There will be good days and tough days ahead but try to stay positive and keep fighting for what you've earned! I'm with you brother...

LC

Edited by jokerwaswild

Getting a copy of a C&P exam that was done by an outside contractors and paid for by VA -

are not easy to get and VA does not have to provide you one until after you receive your

rating decision and this has become a part of your c-file.

These are not under the custody of the VHA - they are under the custody of your VARO.

This is my understanding of this issue.

Hey LC, thanks for reponding. I waited about two months and went to the release of records section of my VA hospital . It took about three week for all my records to come. I was shocked how fast they came back. I was also shocked that when my medical records came so did both of my C& P evaluations. I am glad my records came because someone placed a file in my medical records that was mentioned in my C&P exam. It was a mental health consult that was not mine. Any way thats how I did it, go to Release of information section of your VA and request C&P results and medical records.

Good luck,

Joker

Unfortunalely, mine were done by QTC and they have to send them to the VA first. They were contracted by the VA to do the exams so they will not send me copies directly which sucks. I have requested the VA send me a copy once they get it...God only knows how much longer I'll have to wait for that. As of today, QTC has not even sent them the results yet. Like I said...wish they were done at the VA.

Holding My Breath...:rolleyes:

LC

Getting a copy of a C&P exam that was done by an outside contractors and paid for by VA -

are not easy to get and VA does not have to provide you one until after you receive your

rating decision and this has become a part of your c-file.

These are not under the custody of the VHA - they are under the custody of your VARO.

This is my understanding of this issue.

That's my understanding too. Seems like yet another case of "beurocratic red tape" but thats how our wonderful system works. The FOIA request was put in by my DAV rep to the VARO. Don't think I have any other options except to wait. Too bad because these reports would help my SSDI case a lot.

LC