• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BlueBarracuda

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Hi All!  So i filed a claim for secondary condition of Arthritis of my hips beginning of June 2016 and just checked ebenefits and seen that it said not service connected. I must mention that Iam service connected for 8 of my major joints  with arthritis for the exact same condition but denied for my  hips.  I didn't have a C&P exam for my hips but did for the other eight major joints that was done in 2014.  When they didn't call me for a C&P for my hips I was thinking that they have all the information they needed other than the doctor notes from my x ray showing that I also have arthritis in my hips.  They have all the other documents in from 2013/2014 claim so I didn't think they needed anything else. I was wrong!  I'm still waiting to get the official notice in the mail.    I need help in understanding  what I need to do in this particular situation.  I will be filing a NOD.  Any advice is welcomed!!   Thanks for reading! One other thing is I do have records showing  I had arthritis of my hips back before I filed the claim for the other major joints but I just didn't file the claim at that time.   
    • Congratulations! It took me more than 25 years of fighting to get VA to rate me 100%, so I know how it feels! You are a inspiration to other veterans!
    • Understood. Thanks!
    • Oh  okay  As Only a suggestion here What you may want to do is take any evidence you have to your C&P and place it in a folder that is easy access to you  in case you need to show the examiner,? Usually the Examiner reads all your information off the computer  but some times they don't read all or enough if the information of   records and Dr's Opinions ect,,,ect,,  so take this with you  Just In Case you need it. Be honest with your answers and look the examiner in the eye when he addresses you.
    • Thanks Buck, I have my first VA C&P exam on Tuesday for both claims. Other than asking me to correct my bank routing number and dependants statement, they have asked for nothing from me.

Mcafee

Reduction In Rating

8 posts in this topic

Hello All Hoipe All Is Well

When I recieved my Rating notice along with something that appears like a SSOC upon one year of convalesense a review of TKR they have speculated a reduced rating by 20 %

I will obtain an opinion of course what I do not understand even with TKR in hopes of a better quality of life and hopefully pain free.

How can the RO make such a statement prior to the year being up? I find this quite arrogant.

Thank you for your feed back

They have also rescheduled a new C+P exam due to the past three exams are and have been found to inadequate and i did challenge these exams and RO never responded because I showed the exams to an outside physician his opinion clearly showed that the exams were not followed according to clinicians guide.

I agree they are arrogant but one needs to consider in some cases a TKR leaves minimal or no further disability and the rating could potentially be proposed to be reduced.

My neighbor who mows my horse pastures has 2 TKRs (USAF vet) and seems to think his rating is 40% ( he isnt sure so I dont know if that is correct)

He is 74 and even with other disabilities he still does some mowing and also has 2 volunteer jobs involving 3 or 4 days a week but he has told me lately his hips are giving him problems and I think they would possibly be a secondary SC to the TKP for him.

He seems reluctant to file a claim and he says he gets great treatment from the Bath NY VAMC.

Every TKR situation is different.

They sure cant propose to reduce if some rater 'thinks' your disability rating is too high.

"They have also rescheduled a new C+P exam due to the past three exams are and have been found to inadequate and i did challenge these exams and RO never responded because I showed the exams to an outside physician his opinion clearly showed that the exams were not followed according to clinicians guide"

GOOD FOR YOU. I did that too many times =I challenged them with medical evidence and common sense.It worked .

For my last claim however they disregarded my challenges until I got some IMOs.

The IMO criteria is here in our IMO forum.

For those of us 'young un's" what is TKR/TKP?

^Total Knee Replacement

Gothca. Thanks!

CAS

I was under the impression that a TKR would rate no lower than 30% and no higher than 40%, add in that with a TKR you will still have arthritis to some degree which should rate 10% in itself. Altered gait would also factor in with Hip and lower back problems. Scaring is another animal............Conecting the dots are not hard as long as the medical shows the conection.