VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tsgli Processing

Rate this topic

USNDW

Yesterday she called and left a message that we were approved for the additional 3 periods of DLA and we were going to collect the other $75,000. I cannot freakin believe it. I didn't really know a lot about TSGLI, except that when the rule changed 10/1 that I might be eligible for one period, but I was not really aware that if there was another loss for the same accident within 2 years the member can file subsequent claims.

Not only was she honest in telling me that, she made sure the paperwork was taken care of and after the med-board was thinking about denying it she took the records and showed them how jacked up I was at that time. I sent her a long and expressive thank you but I am not really even sure how to properly thank her. I am going to send a letter to her boss, and I hope I will be able to do something like buy the entire office there lunch or something. Obviously me and my wife are ecstatic.

USNDW,

A huge congrats !

Question - will there be any offsets between the "other $75,000" and any monies already received

or monies from VA compensation ?

IMO - Thank you's sent and something like a lunch is great !

The lunch would probably need to be done as a private donation - as they can't accept anything.

You would just set it up with a restaurant and let your contact in the office know that on such and such a date,

there is a strong possibility that lunch will be delivered for the staff - winky - wink.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

To complete Part B of the applicattion. . . the section that has to be completed by a medical professional, can I just go to any doctor, have them do an exam and ask them to complete that section or does it have to be a doc that saw me while I was active? I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the portion completed.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use