VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nvlsp Nehmer Contact

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Their email addy is in this link and it pays to read what they will need before you email them.

They will respond as soon as they can.

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VAaddsdiseasestoAOlist.htm

NVLSP does not get our c files etc until they become aware of our AO decision.

At that point, after having prior contact with you, they will obtain your records and review the decision if you want them to.

Their main point for review is to insure that your EED is correct.Rating errors etc might well be up to us as claimants to pursue with NODs etc.

I plan on asking them to CUE themselves if my decision is wrong and to follow that request up -if they dont respond-with a formal NOD.

I do expect my EED to be correct. But one never knows.

NVLSP has stated recently that MANY EED errors have been made already by the VA Nehmer people.

The proper EED is the most significant part of Nehmer and what NVLSP will fight over for you.

I already rattled off here many times how NVLSP got thousands of vets their proper AO retro awards years ago when the VA was defying the Nehmer Court order and Stipulation by using improper EEDs.

That might happen again.I hope not. This time the VA can be sanctioned for these errors as within the Nehmer Training Guide (prepared by NVLSP - NOT by the VA)

The 'deadline' of Oct 31, 2011 for these claims to be completed by ,has been echoed by many vet orgs and advocates and I think might be in the training letter itself.

Chuck and NSA Saigon are extremely well versed in Nehmer and many others here are too.

I expect this forum will grow as the awards under Nehmer trickle in.

My biggest concern is that this forum wont grow- because the vet is happy with their retro and it could be ALL WRONG!

I am preparing an article to put here on the ways I foresee the VA could definitely try to snooker some of us out of proper retro awards even if the EED is correct.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So the NVLSP finds the VA made an error in the veterns effective date and the VA actually over paid the veteran. Will the NVLSP notify the VA of the error causing the VA to over pay the veteran. Will the VA now seek to be reimbursed for the over payment. I assume that when the NVLSP takes a veterans case they are then the veterans legal attorneys and can not disclose the information about the over payment.

I don't think the VA will make any overpayments under Nehmer. I do think they will make MANY underpayments.

You might want to contact NVLSP with that question.

NVLSP represents pro bono (NO legal fees incurred)all members of the Nehmer Class Action (ie: any vet ,widow or widower who has a past denial that puts them under the Nehmer Court Order.

Berta,

Out of the blue a couple of days ago I received a letter from NVSLP about my award on my heart disease. They basically were asking if I could answer yes to 2 question. One being if I had filed for Heart disease before the date the VA awarded me and two if I had been treat for heart disease before the date they awarded.

The unfortunate thing about all of this is that I got my decision letter on July, 2010 and my 1 year to appeal is past! Not sure why they waited so long but... Not sure if you recall my case or not but while I was certainly happy about the 100% + SMC-s award they only went back to the date of oct. 09. At the time I figured I didn't have any place else to go with taking this on and I was pretty tried of dealing with the VA.

Should I even bother to email the NVSLP or send them a letter?

Thank you, Stillhere

"Should I even bother to email the NVSLP or send them a letter?"

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

If you can answer yes to one of both of their questions.

It is difficult for us here to determine anyone's proper EED under Nehmer without having exact info as to any past denials they got.

Or to know when their entitlement arose ,by medical evidence.

Your EED might be correct but then again-as Bart Stickman ,NVLSP lawyer , said at their recent conference, the VA is making many EED errors.

agentorange@nvlsp.org

Although NVLSP has us on their list,or should have us on it- they dont obtain our C files until we get a decision and then contact them to go over the decision.

Edited by Berta

PS -don't worry about the appeal date. I think, if the VARO erred in your EED, NVLSP can fix that because they (VA) have made a clear and unmistakable error if the EED is wrong.