VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Exposure

I'm Not a marine and This has hit me dead in the Face,in high school I had one really close freind .he entered the Marines and was stationed there-camp lajeune- in 84-85. He ended up with stomach cancer and Lukemia,he fought hard and long but it was cronic ..He passed on they last day of the year in 2010, He -Angelo Marinelli was like my Brother.and this subject right here is what I am told took him.his family is devistated , they will never be the same..I either...They are like My own..Justice needs to be served here...

------------Macool-----------

• 7 months later...

I thank the VA for acknowledging that this issue with the camp lejune water contamination exposure is alive and it's not going away anytime soon. However, I believe that the VA has to stop taking baby steps and break out with the stride. There are many people meeting their demise from this exposure. Like anything else with the VA, I believe that the "medical professionals" should comprise a list of disabilities that are commsenurate with this exposure. Next, verify through cross reference on those that have been affected by this. Those disabilities then should become presumptive, the same way they did with the effects of agent orange and radiation.

We owe that to those that were affected by this exposure.

Just my 2 cents worth

Edited by meghp0405

• 3 months later...

Hello ,

I was stationed at Camp Lejuene from 1980 to 1981 . I was in 2/6 and 3/6 . I did fill out a survey and I did get a letter about the VA allowing disabilities claims to be filed . I need information on how and what to fill out . I work with several other Marines who were also stationed at Camp Lejuene . Thank you all for the help .

Wicho58, I was stationed in French Creek from 1976 thru 1979, and I was in Camp Johnson for M.T. school in 1977. I would also like information on what to fill out for this water contamination problem but ,

I would have to wait to file a claim due to having a current claim pending since retiring from the military in 2010. I will probably wait to file a claim after this claim is closed cause

I don't want it to delay my claim any longer. I do a lot of reading, and if I run into any information that might help us with this water contamination I will let you know.

Take care Marine, and God Bless.

Semper Fi.

Aggie.

You need a diagnosis first! then obtain an IMO stating that your diagnosis is more likely than not as a result of the water contamination and the doctor has to explain how and why he/she came to that conclusion. Then submit your claim to the VARO, Louisville, KY

There is a camp lejune water registry. I would at a minimum, complete the registry. That way, anytime the VA makes any progress or has any other notifications to make on this topic, you will be informed.

Thank you guys ! Very good information . I just got my reply from the VA denying my hearing loss and tinnitus claim . I have resubmitted my claim again with the same evident . I been told that the Vet center in San Antonio Texas will almost always deny the hearing claims .

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use