VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

So I am told that both my gynecological and my anxiety issues are considered service connected, I have not recieved official word yet, ebenefits says it is "pending dispatch" The DAV tells me that now it will be sent back to the RO and I will have to have exams to figure out what the severity is to rate both of these.

Anxiety/PTSD was initially filed in 2002, I was denied during this claim and appealed it, will they go back to this date?

Gyno was filed in 2006. But I had information in my service record well before this, which date is relevant here??

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Well the VA sent out a letter to me that they are setting up two comp and pension exams for the two issues that the BVA granted. Seems like they are moving along pretty quickly on it now. I am still a little confused on the wording in my decision, I apologize in advance if you feel you have already answered this but if anyone could give me clarification on what they thinks this means, please let me know. The wording is this.

"The RO previously denied service connection for PTSD in March 2003 and November 2005. The instant claim for service connection for an acquired psychiatric disorder is based on additional psychiatric diagnoses that were not considered in March 2003 and November 2005 RO decisions. This issue must be adjudicated without regard to prior denials that did not consider the additional psychiatric diagnoses. Boggs v. Peake, 520 F.3d 1330 (Fed. Cir. 2008: Ephraim v Brown, 82 F.3d 399(Fed.Cir.1996) Hence, the instant claim for service connection for an acquired psychiatric disorder must be decided without regard to prior denial of service connection for PTSD. "

I guess my question is, do you think they will go retro to 2003, or 2005. The BVA granted, PTSD, obsessive compulsive disorder and major depression as service connected.

What does the "without regard to prior denials of service connection" mean, are they counting that time frame or not. They should according the way it reads, but it may be wishful thinking.

Edited by vetinpa

Had exam on Feb. 3rd, Got all my results. Va Printed them on Feb. 8,, they told me some time ago that norm is 56 days for our VARO, that would be this weekend, hopefully hear something soon.

Geeeeeeesh, been over 60 days, so I call DAV rep and he says they have been around 4 to 5 month time frames on grant of appeals. So I guess I have another 60 or so to wait. Come on, it is a grant of benefits, it already grew gray hair at the VARO once, guess it will again.

hey man I am with you on the waiting thing it does suck and I understand about the working thing I realy shound be working but I dont have a choice and I use alot of sick time at work to I am lucky to have a job gives alot of sick time I just wished they would come on I mean I was hoping to not have to work by the end of last year but that didnt happen last week I had 2 C&Ps I hope that they get the results fairly quickly and move along but I doubt it anyway its nice to talk with people thats in the same situation cause it can get to be to much.