VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nvlsp Common Va Errors For Increase

Autumn

Yes. The NVLSP (National Veterans Legal Service Program) is a highly credible source of information, and your VSO should be fully aware of NVLSP opinions. If your VSO/attorney is unaware of this, then he certainly should be informed. These are not my opinions, but instead the consensus of the many lawyers of NVLSP based on case law.

• HadIt.com Elder

A statement like this from the VA's "legal representative" is actually cause in itself for action, be it legal or political.

Sufficient medical records after such a disposition are enough to support additional claims. I'd also think that an experienced lawyer

could make a heck of a case against the VA for violating various laws and regulations.

Broncovet, Wow this is so interesting and so familiar with my old denied claims. Unfortunately I can NEVER EVER request my claims be reviewed or challenged or new claims as the "Deal was take the PT 100% with no future exams" for life...retro 1 year and not for over 6 more...or we will keep you bogged down with our own physicians appointments and deny you forever basically......bummers, but I still got it even as the creeks cost of retro years............angry.gif

Autumn

Yes. The NVLSP (National Veterans Legal Service Program) is a highly credible source of information, and your VSO should be fully aware of NVLSP opinions. If your VSO/attorney is unaware of this, then he certainly should be informed. These are not my opinions, but instead the consensus of the many lawyers of NVLSP based on case law.

they've never advocated for me. that is, things mentioned in that information you posted one would think VSOs would advocate for the veteran to get proper exams etc, so proper information is gathered for veteran(s). thanks, i'll casually ask him about it

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That is very good info to hang on to. I looked at one of my past ratings and I identified where the VA overlooked the benefit of a doubt. I bookmarked that info and if denied on my TDIU, or no increase, I can start my appeal using those exact pages. I am positive my DAV VSO knows nothing of this. The reason I say that is because I was just recently diagnosed with Osteoporosis at the VA medical center in Indianapolis, and I called my VSO and told her about it, and should I send it to her. She said no, it would not have any effect on my TDIU claim. Really? After reading this info, I think maybe I should have sent it directly to the VA. Any suggestions? That was an excellent read.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use