VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Retro!

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I just received an IRIS letter stating this-

Dear Mr. Cool Breeze-

Thank you for your inquiry of December 08, 2011.

A review of your records shows that you received a Notification Letter on November 28, 2011. A retroactive payment on December 1, 2011 for $528.00 and a regular payment of $941.00 was received on the same day. The two payments received on December 1, 2011 totaled $1,469.00 and your payment on December 30, 2011 was for $1,479.00. No other retro payments are to be received.

If you have further questions, you may call our toll free number of 800-827-1000 and speak to one of our representatives. You may also write to the Phoenix VA Regional Office, 3333 North Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012, or send us an electronic inquiry through the Internet at https://iris.va.gov.

What the heck? I thought I was waiting for the military retirement to finish there audit, so the VA can pay me 2 years of retro. This is definitely going to my Congressman's office that they are cheating me-this is a Cue claim. How do I go about suing the VA for emotional distress. I am having severe chest pains from this-I'll see what Peggy has to say-someone owes me big time!!

I am not putting up with this *****.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Did DFAS finish the audit? I'm heading in the same direction, but after reading the DoDI re: recoupment of severance, I sent an email to DFAS (cor_claims@dfas.mil) to see if they'd received my retirement orders, and how they handle what had been recouped by the VA, and how military retirement plays into the mix. I'd send DFAS an email and see what's going on. Maybe they haven't finished yet???

They haven't finished. Could take 2-3 months, and then the VA takes even longer to process this as a new claim for compensation retro if entitled. The rep told me to go ahead and forward this to the Congressman-they don't care how they write this. I am entitled to the cdrp, just the VA is treating me like thats all you are getting.

Totally unprofessional and disgusting to receive a letter like that.

And then he wanted to know if I have service organization helping me. Sure-the DAV-I fired them long time ago. That's why I am at 70%-vs 10%. They are a great help!!

the dav turned me away so I went with the american legion the first time around. I fired them for incompetence and went on my own. if it were up to them I would have nothing and like it.

OK... you guys have me concerned. I was just awarded IU back dated to Dec. 2010 along with some other things from a claim going back to May of 2010. So, no RETRO should be expected or am I not understanding what you are sharing?

• HadIt.com Elder

You should get IU retro back to your effective date. Probably January 2011 if I understand all the details. Do you owe VA any money?