VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Retro!

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I just received an IRIS letter stating this-

Dear Mr. Cool Breeze-

Thank you for your inquiry of December 08, 2011.

A review of your records shows that you received a Notification Letter on November 28, 2011. A retroactive payment on December 1, 2011 for $528.00 and a regular payment of $941.00 was received on the same day. The two payments received on December 1, 2011 totaled $1,469.00 and your payment on December 30, 2011 was for $1,479.00. No other retro payments are to be received.

If you have further questions, you may call our toll free number of 800-827-1000 and speak to one of our representatives. You may also write to the Phoenix VA Regional Office, 3333 North Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012, or send us an electronic inquiry through the Internet at https://iris.va.gov.

What the heck? I thought I was waiting for the military retirement to finish there audit, so the VA can pay me 2 years of retro. This is definitely going to my Congressman's office that they are cheating me-this is a Cue claim. How do I go about suing the VA for emotional distress. I am having severe chest pains from this-I'll see what Peggy has to say-someone owes me big time!!

I am not putting up with this *****.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My situation is a little different. THis only applies to retired military who also receive VA compensation. The way they process this -

1. You are awarded a new claim(Higher rating 50% or more)

2. The VA pays you the new amount shortly-the difference of what you were getting

3 The VA sends a statement to the military retirement payroll requesting an audit of your pay(time frame 30-60 days)

4. Once this gets back to the VA, they open another claim which has no known time frame to pay you the retro if any.

5. This all falls under the CRDP program which for me now pays over 99% of my military pay-just take 22.00 from my pay which is phased out next year..

Ok, I'm in the same boat I guess since I am retired military as well. When did this change? Last year I had an increase from 40% to 80% and rec'd retro right away. Right now they only take $5 for VA waiver. Sounds like I might have some more waiting to do???

You will have to wait a lot longer. Too many were getting overpaid. So, the procedures have been reversed . 30-60 days after you get paid from the military with the new pay-then they sit on it for a while till they feel like sending the audit to the VA. Then the VA will do the same time till some one lights a fire cracker before you get your retro!

Negilgent and disgusting. This type of thing pisses me off. Does the VA realize they are pissing of hundreds of thousands motivated, sometimes unstable individuals trained to kill? ph34r.png On a serious note keep your head up these bastards really piss me off.

• HadIt.com Elder

Why do you think that the VA was among the first of government agencies to start strict security practices concerning non employees?

(Of course they know who they are aggrivating)

Many years ago, I was given "free access" to the VA's Chicago area RO when I was trying to deal with an education related problem. (Why?)

At the time, I was working at the sole "defense plant" in the area, and showed up in a suit, with all the badges, trappings, etc. Seems that earlier

I had gone to a formal meeting at the plant, and that required wearing all the whistles and bells. (Suit, Military A/C tie tac, flag lapel pin, ID badge etc.)

It was kind of interesting, in that I left the VARO with a hand signed "certificate" instead of the computer generated one that gets mailed whenever the VA gets around to it.

Negilgent and disgusting. This type of thing pisses me off. Does the VA realize they are pissing of hundreds of thousands motivated, sometimes unstable individuals trained to kill? ph34r.png On a serious note keep your head up these bastards really piss me off.