VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Retro!

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I just received an IRIS letter stating this-

Dear Mr. Cool Breeze-

Thank you for your inquiry of December 08, 2011.

A review of your records shows that you received a Notification Letter on November 28, 2011. A retroactive payment on December 1, 2011 for $528.00 and a regular payment of $941.00 was received on the same day. The two payments received on December 1, 2011 totaled $1,469.00 and your payment on December 30, 2011 was for $1,479.00. No other retro payments are to be received.

If you have further questions, you may call our toll free number of 800-827-1000 and speak to one of our representatives. You may also write to the Phoenix VA Regional Office, 3333 North Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012, or send us an electronic inquiry through the Internet at https://iris.va.gov.

What the heck? I thought I was waiting for the military retirement to finish there audit, so the VA can pay me 2 years of retro. This is definitely going to my Congressman's office that they are cheating me-this is a Cue claim. How do I go about suing the VA for emotional distress. I am having severe chest pains from this-I'll see what Peggy has to say-someone owes me big time!!

I am not putting up with this *****.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I can only share with you what I've experienced and have been informed of by DFAS and VA... In June of 2011 the VA and DFAS began a "combined effort" to audit retro payments issued to retirees due to apparent "overpayments" related to CRDP. In short, the VA now sends payment data to DFAS for them to "scrub" to ensure or validate whether or not the Veteran is owed any retro.

In my case, I received two increases in one year... Feb 2011, from 40% to 80%, retro paid within days of the new decision. In Dec. 2011, awarded TDIU and a bunch of other increases but, due to the new audit controls, no retro YET. This action, from my understanding only applies to retirees.

I was informed that it takes only one payment to "activate" the audit process by establishing "payment history"; afterwards, the information regarding retro (if any) is provided to the VA for payment to the Veteran.

CB was given a series of timelines as to when retro would be paid, I was only informed that the process "would not take long".

I've stressed too much over waiting for my last claim to be completed (467 days), I'm not doing that again, if and when it shows up , it shows up.

I just requested an hardship to expediate this claim as it could take the VA several years to do there audit once the military as done theres. I received an iris message back stating do to the many, many claims pending, it could be a while before this process is completed. And-there is no time frame fo them to do so.

So, the good old days of getting an increase and getting a fat deposit shortly afterwards are out the door for us folks in this category.

And even requesting an hardship is not an guarantee they will expediate this. They requested everything but the kitchen sink to be sent in for this.

Not planning to do so. I have established my own time table. From next week to 5 years at the minimum. It could be shorter, or it could be longer.

And, the thought of all those appeals I also have pending, to have to go through the same process will take an additional few years before you see the end result.

I have no more vacation days left-just contemplating the prostate surgury that my private insurance is going to do instead of the VA experimenting on me like a guinea pig next month!!

If you get your retro let me know as you are 1 month ahead of me.

Wow!! Still waiting for someone to punch my retro into the computer. How hard can that be!!!!

I think they are waiting for either of the following to happen:

1. For the President of the US. to approve my retro

2.. The VA ran out of funds, waiting for next fiscal year

3. My Va retro is going the same route as a new claim-1-3 years processing

4. For me to contact my Congressman

5. To take a road trip to the regional office so I can have a face to face talk

6. For me to pass away so they can quitely hit the delete button on this file.

7.. For hell to freeze over.

8. For someone to put the file in the correct dept.

9. For me to have a heart attack so I can file another claim as a secondary-now bed riddden.

10. For the VA to finally realize that job security by deliberatley delaying claims isn't going to work on this case.

11. Processing the claim in the order received-gee-the audit has been completed,.

Today I was informed it takes 2-3 months on a reto claim once it comes back from DPAS. Good luck for those in my situtation.

The disrespectful agent asked if I wanted to know what the claim waiting time was in Phoenix. I advised him I already know and I wasn't calling about that issue.