VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Individual Unemployability

Rate this question

Big Mac

Question

Ebenefits shows my individual unemployability claim completed as of 9 Jan 2012. I'm also receiving SSDI for my service connected disability as of Oct 2010. When can I expect to receive an offical notification in the mail from the VA

Edited by Big Mac

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Most likely within the next 2 - 4 weeks but as many have said, check the bank account, your decision could show up as a deposit in your account before you receive the hard copy decision in the mail.

Good Luck ...

I stopped working in June 2006, because of my medical condition...did not apply for medical retirement, I had worked for a total of 37 years (2 years Air Force, 18 years VA Medical Center Portland,Or, 9 years Kaiser, 8 years Postal Service)....sold house and moved to the beach. I am currently 70% SC (60% Aortic Stenosis, Pulmonary Hypertension....and 30% Depression, anxiety, insomnia)...I have applied for 100%, or Permanent and Total.....have been denied, am appealing decision as we speak. It has now been 28 months, they have received all the information necessary, including information from Social Security....so wait I shall. Please note that I finally applied for SSD in June of 2009 (it took my husband to call and set up appointment for me to apply). I took a copy of my C File (any of you that haven't requested...please do so. You never know what information you may find there in black and white, that you didn't know). They made copies of everything I gave them, and returned my originals to me in about 20 minutes. ANYWAY....it took the Social Security Administration 7 months to approve my claim, and apologies from two of them on their delay....paid me backpay for a year from the time I applied, but rated me disabled from the time I left work in 2006. Now, I get all my medical care from the VA (except for dental), and still request a copy of the medical records after every appointment, test, or procedure. People may complain about Social Security Administration, but I found them very helpful, and efficient in my dealings with them. I am having a problem with ebenefits, but called VARO today and will be sent a new Activation Code.

Edited by georgiegirl

One thing you can do if you have an SO working for you is give him/her a shout to see if they heard anything yet cause they usually get notified before the vet does. They can also make a phone call in hopes of hearing something.

Coot