VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crsc,retirement,va Disability

Rate this question

DS_Wells

Question

I have been retired for about 11 days now. I am 60% DOD and 100% VA and entitled to CRSC that application has been sent in. I need a straight answer as to what money I am going to get Money is more than tight. I was under the impression that I would get all my retirement and disability and CRSC. since I am 100% disabled. Please someone explain this to me. Thanks again.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have 80% VA disability, and I am medically retired with 30% from the Army. I only had 17 years 7 Months of active duty so I only get VA disability instead of retirement pay. I just got approved for CRSC at 70%. Will I receive both CRSC and VA disability or will this affect my VA disability pay?

Hello Battles,

As I'm trying to understand this topic, I just can't engage...an ol mental block I guess. I'm 20 years retired and %100 VA with %70 being in PTSD. I heard from others to apply for CRSC but wasn't sure if I was entitled, can someone please enlighten me. My VA packet didn't really answer questions I had other than my disabilities and the percentage. I've been hearing of VA codes and other things but I believe that's something totally different from what I'm inquiring about. In advance thanks for the response and Thank you for service.

If the PTSD is 'combat' related, by all means apply for CRSC . The links are right here in the thread.

CRSC-Combat related Special Compensation.

Unlike CRDP it must be applied for.

I am sure the application can be found in one of the links.

How can I find out if they labeled my PTSD as combat related, mostly stated on my VA letter says "service connected". After going through anger management and counseling for having dreams of when I saw a SM severely injured, I was placed on Zoloft for PTSD with depression.

Edited by Cabledawg

• HadIt.com Elder

Can you apply for Social Security disability as well? So you are retired military? I don't know exactly what you will get but someone here will know.