VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% For Ptsd P&t But Employable

Rate this question

sfc ret

Question

At a recent visit to the VA I was told buy a employee that I should be unemployable because of the 100% rating for PTSD. He referred me to another office to ask about this and possibly get it corrected. I went there and was told according to my paperwork I'm considered employable. My paperwork says employability is a moot point.

So which is true?

I remember reading somewhere that if you are 100% for PTSD you are unemployable?

I dont work and have not worked since leaving the army over two years now. How does becoming unemployable benefit me?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

At a recent visit to the VA I was told buy a employee that I should be unemployable because of the 100% rating for PTSD. He referred me to another office to ask about this and possibly get it corrected. I went there and was told according to my paperwork I'm considered employable. My paperwork says employability is a moot point.

So which is true?

I remember reading somewhere that if you are 100% for PTSD you are unemployable?

I dont work and have not worked since leaving the army over two years now. How does becoming unemployable benefit me?

Apparently you are rated at SC'd at 100 percent due solely to PTSD -

this rating in of and by itself means your are unemployable - hence the 100 percent compensation.

This is a 100 percent scheduler rating that you have.

There would be no reason for you to get rated as unemployable (TDIU).

In your situation TDIU is a moot issue.

"At a recent visit to the VA I was told buy a employee that I should be unemployable because of the 100% rating for PTSD."

The person above has no idea what they are talking about and I would completely disregard

what they say.

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie's hit it on the mark! By virtue of being rated 100% schedular, for PTSD, you can't work. If you do, you will probably be reduced. If you want to and can work, go ahead but plan on having your VA comp reduced. Once you are rated 100% schedular, TDIU is no longer an issue.

pr

you are 100% SC leave your claim alone. I had a vet that went on his own and pushed the IU even when the regulation states that at 100% SC you are not to do the claim. he was 100 SC pTSD HB. he lost the HB went to 70% got the IU. asked me to fix it. Sorry I siad I do not go back to fix something when you go behing the back.

Point is you have the 100% SC by regulation IU is not to be done as it is to only give a vet the pay to 100% something you are getting. That is why it is always the last part of the claim worked.

So which is true?

Adora,

I don't understand the disagreement.

He's rated at 100% for PTSD.

Why would there be any reason to file a claim for unemployability -

IU would be a moot issue.

Help me understand what your disagreement is ?

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Adora,

I don't understand the disagreement.

He's rated at 100% for PTSD.

Why would there be any reason to file a claim for unemployability -

IU would be a moot issue.

Help me understand what your disagreement is ?

Thanks

I agree that in this instant case, TDIU is a moot issue.

Here the BVA concludes,

1. The schedular criteria for an initial rating of 100 percent for PTSD have been met. 38 U.S.C.A. §§ 1155, 5103,

5103A, 5107 (West 2002); 38 C.F.R. § 4.130, Diagnostic Code 9411 (2002).

2. Because a 100 percent rating is warranted under schedular criteria, a claim of TDIU may not be considered. 38 C.F.R. § 4.16(a) (2002).

Edited by Wings

Individual unemployability and Increase for PTSD is two seperate claims.Individual unemployability is schedule for veterans when you are rated less than a 100%, and unable to be gainful employable due to your service connected condition.When you getting a 100% rating for PTSD,the claim for TDIU becomes a moot point and being rated a 100% for PTSD you become total disable. That means you shouldn"t work