VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Suggestions

Rate this question

ward86

Question

Everytime I go. to download VA letters ( letter generator) this is what I get....we are unable to locate records in VA files indicating eligibility for the VA letters that are provided ...any idea why I get this but I keep reading on here about the ab7, ab8, etc...am I missing something or what...? Thanks for help

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The VA may not have a copy of your DD214 on file. Believe it or not, sometimes they don't if you've been going to the VA prior to everything being electronic. I recently moved and had to switch over all my records from DC to PA and the PA VA in Pittsburgh told me I did not have a DD214 on file. I thought when I originally applied at the VAMC in DC, I gave them my DD214. Along with my medical records, I guess it got lost too.

This may not be the case for you, but you might want to check with your local VAMC to ensure they have a copy of your DD214. I just recently downloaded those letters and had no problem with my information being on there. However, the local VA office had some errors in their files as I noticed on my benefits letter last year. I had to send them the corrected information. The local VA offices and the medical centers do not share the same information and are on different systems as I was told.

Everytime I go. to download VA letters ( letter generator) this is what I get....

we are unable to locate records in VA files indicating eligibility for the VA letters that are provided ...

any idea why I get this but I keep reading on here about the ab7, ab8, etc...am I missing something or what...?

Thanks for help

Fortunately this is one of the things the 800 # is pretty good at doing.

If you call them and ask them to send you a letter showing you are SC'd and at what

percentage you should actually receive it in just a few short days.

JMHO